When is it okay to kill?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: When is it okay to kill?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2015, 12:48 PM
I don’t think it’s ever ‘okay.’ The only people who think it’s okay to kill another person, are psycopaths. Most people who would consider killing another, usually have no other option, in terms of self defense. But, I don’t believe that any rational person with a conscience would find it perfectly ‘okay’ to kill another person. Most often, it’s a desperate situation. I also think that there are some who have no regard to human life, ie: ISIS, etc. They are psychopaths though, so their idea of ‘okay’ is not the same as most of ours. At least, I hope so. lol

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
09-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Someone trying to harm my family. I'd kill someone trying to do that.

Do I want to kill anyone? No, but I'm going to do what I have to do to protect them.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
09-06-2015, 03:47 PM
(09-06-2015 12:50 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Someone trying to harm my family. I'd kill someone trying to do that.

Do I want to kill anyone? No, but I'm going to do what I have to do to protect them.

What if you only think they are trying to harm your family but you don't find out until after you mistakenly kill them that they're not?

It's just not that clear cut.

Archi

"I love the term magic realism. It's about expanding how you see the world. I think we live in an age where we're just hammered to think this is what the world is. Everything's saying 'That's the world.' And it's not the world. The world is a million possible things." - TG

Salman Rushdie talks to Terry Gilliam
09-06-2015, 04:20 PM
(09-06-2015 03:47 PM)ArchibaldFunkdust Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 12:50 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Someone trying to harm my family. I'd kill someone trying to do that.

What if you only think they are trying to harm your family but you don't find out until after you mistakenly kill them that they're not?

Archi
Not clear cut???

When somebody's waving a gun around threatening to kill you, your family members, or other people you care about -- it's fully justifiable to waste the son of a bitch......

Even if he is doing the "suicide by cop" routine, or whatever.....

That's the law here....

And I like it that way.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-06-2015, 01:15 AM
(09-06-2015 12:48 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I don’t think it’s ever ‘okay.’ The only people who think it’s okay to kill another person, are psycopaths. Most people who would consider killing another, usually have no other option, in terms of self defense. But, I don’t believe that any rational person with a conscience would find it perfectly ‘okay’ to kill another person. Most often, it’s a desperate situation. I also think that there are some who have no regard to human life, ie: ISIS, etc. They are psychopaths though, so their idea of ‘okay’ is not the same as most of ours. At least, I hope so. lol

I would say that there are situations when killing other person is okay - euthanasia would be the case. It it not only okay then but kinda admirable - taking the burden of killing on oneself so person willing to die won't suffer anymore.

But apart from that I agree.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
10-06-2015, 05:15 AM
(09-06-2015 04:20 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 03:47 PM)ArchibaldFunkdust Wrote:  What if you only think they are trying to harm your family but you don't find out until after you mistakenly kill them that they're not?

Archi
Not clear cut???

When somebody's waving a gun around threatening to kill you, your family members, or other people you care about -- it's fully justifiable to waste the son of a bitch......

That's the law here....

And I like it that way.

That doesn't mean it is not clear cut, it just means you have chosen to ignore all the issues to justify your viewpoint. Which is fair enough - but a spade is still a spade.

Archi

"I love the term magic realism. It's about expanding how you see the world. I think we live in an age where we're just hammered to think this is what the world is. Everything's saying 'That's the world.' And it's not the world. The world is a million possible things." - TG

Salman Rushdie talks to Terry Gilliam
10-06-2015, 05:39 AM
Ignore the issue???

What issue???

You hypothetically put forth the idea that people are going to be killing innocent people while defending themselves against perceived threats.

We've had "Shall Issue" concealed carry in Michigan for 14 years now --- and the anti-gun people used your idea in trying to keep the law from being changed to as it currently is.

In that time -- I can name ONE -- just one - case of someone being charged for mistakenly killing someone who "wasn't a threat" ---- a case in Detroit where an old guy shot some young girl who was (drunkenly) pounding on his door at 3 a.m..He shot her through the door.... Nobody was ever able to figure out why she was doing that. The guy did get a lengthy prison sentence - and at his age - it's probably a life sentence --and I can't disagree with it.

You don't shoot without knowing your target - and what lies behind it.

But -- this was the ONE thing I've seen in the media -- and trust me -- the anti-gun people would trumpet any such cases loudly --- which leads me to believe it's exceedingly rare...

Justified shootings????? Almost every month you hear of one..... Closer to every day - if you count those by law enforcement.

If YOU want to be passive and let criminals kill you - so you can claim "high moral ground" in your argument - feel free to do so.

I plan on at least TRYING to protect myself.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-06-2015, 09:12 AM
(10-06-2015 05:15 AM)ArchibaldFunkdust Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 04:20 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Not clear cut???

That's the law here....

And I like it that way.

That doesn't mean it is not clear cut, it just means you have chosen to ignore all the issues to justify your viewpoint. Which is fair enough - but a spade is still a spade.

Archi

All the issues? Consider Please enumerate "all the issues".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-06-2015, 09:32 AM
(09-06-2015 04:20 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 03:47 PM)ArchibaldFunkdust Wrote:  What if you only think they are trying to harm your family but you don't find out until after you mistakenly kill them that they're not?

Archi
Not clear cut???

That's the law here....

And I like it that way.

What he said.

If I'm going to kill someone they've made themselves clear that they are a threat. If I was wrong, tough luck for them, they shouldnt have been doing what they were doing.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post