When it's your time, that's it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2015, 07:36 PM
When it's your time, that's it
I recently went to a service for a friend of my family, their daughter...passed away, and she was only in her 20's. For some reason, quite a few people kept saying after the service...''when it is your time, that's it...there's nothing you can do.''

Huh

What do you think this means? Does it mean we should all just throw caution to the wind, not take care of ourselves, because what's the difference...when our time is up, that's it? Talking to a friend of mine over the weekend and she said the same thing...I said, what do you mean? She answered...''I believe that everyone's life has a time limit and that's it.''

What do you think?

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: When it's your time, that's it
Everyone can die of old age, but my death by falling from a tall building isn't set in stone... cuz I don't go up in tall buildings! Kinda difficult to fall out a basement window! Tongue

There is no fate but what we make for ourselves!

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
30-11-2015, 07:42 PM
(30-11-2015 07:36 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I recently went to a service for a friend of my family, their daughter...passed away, and she was only in her 20's. For some reason, quite a few people kept saying after the service...''when it is your time, that's it...there's nothing you can do.''

Huh

What do you think this means? Does it mean we should all just throw caution to the wind, not take care of ourselves, because what's the difference...when our time is up, that's it? Talking to a friend of mine over the weekend and she said the same thing...I said, what do you mean? She answered...''I believe that everyone's life has a time limit and that's it.''

What do you think?
Quote:'I believe that everyone's life has a time limit and that's it.''

I believe she is correct. No one has promised me a tomorrow.

The doctor said to me that I have to take one of these pills for the rest of my life. He gave me four pills.

Wink

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 4 users Like OhDannyBoy's post
30-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Some superstitious people think we all have a pre-destined fate, and there's no way of getting around it. When your time is up that's it.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
30-11-2015, 07:55 PM
(30-11-2015 07:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  Some superstitious people think we all have a pre-destined fate, and there's no way of getting around it. When your time is up that's it.

Exactly, but I don't know if I agree, although this eerily reminds me of the Final Destination movies, right? lol Confused

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
30-11-2015, 07:57 PM
(30-11-2015 07:40 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Everyone can die of old age, but my death by falling from a tall building isn't set in stone... cuz I don't go up in tall buildings! Kinda difficult to fall out a basement window! Tongue

There is no fate but what we make for ourselves!

I agree, but why do people say this? I hear it all the time all of a sudden. lol ''When it's your time, it's your time.''

Angry

I don't like the phrase because it implies that we shouldn't be cautious, or take care of ourselves, because there is some preordained time of our death etched in stone somewhere. I mean, I do believe in God again, but death doesn't play out that way in my mind.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
30-11-2015, 07:59 PM
(30-11-2015 07:36 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I recently went to a service for a friend of my family, their daughter...passed away, and she was only in her 20's. For some reason, quite a few people kept saying after the service...''when it is your time, that's it...there's nothing you can do.''

Huh

What do you think?

Everything seems to have an expiry date. But what you are talking about is fate. Or so I believe. I believe in fate like I believe in Zeus.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-11-2015, 08:02 PM
(30-11-2015 07:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Huh

What do you think?

Everything seems to have an expiry date. But what you are talking about is fate. Or so I believe. I believe in fate like I believe in Zeus.

lol yes. It's almost as though the people saying this don't believe that we can cause our demise, through bad health choices or whatever. Maybe people say this to lower the sting of death, Idk. Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
30-11-2015, 08:09 PM
(30-11-2015 08:02 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 07:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Everything seems to have an expiry date. But what you are talking about is fate. Or so I believe. I believe in fate like I believe in Zeus.

lol yes. It's almost as though the people saying this don't believe that we can cause our demise, through bad health choices or whatever. Maybe people say this to lower the sting of death, Idk. Sadcryface

I've seen it a lot. People have all kinds of ways of grieving. One can get hit by a bus or shot in Paris while dancing. Though dying while dancing in Paris may be the way to go. Beats the shit out of the bus! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-11-2015, 08:14 PM
It's another way of looking at the finality and our inability to change things with regards to the person who has died. Rather than rail on about how unfair he/she died so young, they just cut off all that nonsense.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post