When religion and fracking collude

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 05:38 AM
When religion and fracking collude
Pennsylvania is making 2012 the Year of the Bible, then they turned around and put a gag order on doctors treating patients whose illness may be a result from chemical exposure from fracking... my take...

http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2012/03/...thers.html

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
29-03-2012, 07:52 AM
RE: When religion and fracking collude
What is fracking exactly?

Spell check doesn't recognize it. My guess is it's some sort of newfangled slang terminology.
Slang is for the commoners.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
29-03-2012, 08:05 AM
(29-03-2012 07:52 AM)lucradis Wrote:  What is fracking exactly?

Spell check doesn't recognize it. My guess is it's some sort of newfangled slang terminology.
It's the term for Hydrolic Fracturing. The evil of this process was laid out in the documentary Gasland by Josh Fox

http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
29-03-2012, 08:09 AM
It's a process of removing oil and natural gas from shale deposits. It had questionable environmental effects.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
29-03-2012, 08:22 AM
(29-03-2012 08:09 AM)germanyt Wrote:  It's a process of removing oil and natural gas from shale deposits. It had questionable environmental effects.
germanyt - Just to be clear, I'm a proponent of alternative fuels and energy security; however, the National Energy Policy adopted in 2005 specifically limited regulation and transparency in the fracking process and handcuffed the EPA from even checking on environmental impact.

Gas companies are not required, for "proprietary" reasons, to share with the communities in which they operate what the chemical cocktail they are pumping into the ground to release the natural gas nor do they have to report, even in congressional testimony, how they dispose and account for all the contaminated waste water generated from the process.

That wells have been polluted by the process is not even questionable - it has happened - but without regulatory oversight, there is zero accountability in the process.

If we are to pursue fracking as a responsible solution to energy dependence, I'm simply saying that we need better regulation, transparency and recourse, otherwise, these companies will treat the land like locusts.

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[+] 2 users Like Seasbury's post
29-03-2012, 08:36 AM
(29-03-2012 08:22 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 08:09 AM)germanyt Wrote:  It's a process of removing oil and natural gas from shale deposits. It had questionable environmental effects.
germanyt - Just to be clear, I'm a proponent of alternative fuels and energy security; however, the National Energy Policy adopted in 2005 specifically limited regulation and transparency in the fracking process and handcuffed the EPA from even checking on environmental impact.

Gas companies are not required, for "proprietary" reasons, to share with the communities in which they operate what the chemical cocktail they are pumping into the ground to release the natural gas nor do they have to report, even in congressional testimony, how they dispose and account for all the contaminated waste water generated from the process.

That wells have been polluted by the process is not even questionable - it has happened - but without regulatory oversight, there is zero accountability in the process.

If we are to pursue fracking as a responsible solution to energy dependence, I'm simply saying that we need better regulation, transparency and recourse, otherwise, these companies will treat the land like locusts.
I don't disagree. I thought the president's decision was justified on the Keystone project because of the effects fracking and tar sand depoits have on the environment. I would have probably accepted his decision either way because I can see both sides but, like I said, I don't disagree. As a matter of fact my biggest gripe so far with Ron Paul is his environmental policy. I'm not so sure that it works the way he thinks it will.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
29-03-2012, 10:56 AM
(29-03-2012 08:22 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  germanyt - Just to be clear, I'm a proponent of alternative fuels and energy security; however, the National Energy Policy adopted in 2005 specifically limited regulation and transparency in the fracking process and handcuffed the EPA from even checking on environmental impact.

I couldn't have said this better! Also great blog post.

I would like to say I'm surprised that my state would do something so unconstitutional and idiotic as to declare this "The Year of the Bible" but then again, we are responsible for Rick Santorum coming onto the national political stage.. and on behalf of all Pennsylvanians, I'd like to apologize for that. Our bad.

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana
[+] 2 users Like Zephony's post
29-03-2012, 11:50 AM
(29-03-2012 10:56 AM)Zephony Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 08:22 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  germanyt - Just to be clear, I'm a proponent of alternative fuels and energy security; however, the National Energy Policy adopted in 2005 specifically limited regulation and transparency in the fracking process and handcuffed the EPA from even checking on environmental impact.

I couldn't have said this better! Also great blog post.

I would like to say I'm surprised that my state would do something so unconstitutional and idiotic as to declare this "The Year of the Bible" but then again, we are responsible for Rick Santorum coming onto the national political stage.. and on behalf of all Pennsylvanians, I'd like to apologize for that. Our bad.
Yeah you better be sorry! Tongue

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
29-03-2012, 03:40 PM

Its a word STARBUCK (among others) uses in the newly reinvisioned Battle Star Galactica. Its the cuss word of the future!
See for yourself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7KcpgQKo2I
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 04:07 PM
(29-03-2012 03:40 PM)Denicio Wrote:  

Its a word STARBUCK (among others) uses in the newly reinvisioned Battle Star Galactica. Its the cuss word of the future!
See for yourself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7KcpgQKo2I
You frackin frack.

-Mark Twain