When religion puts you into a plastic bubble—LITERALLY!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: When religion puts you into a plastic bubble—LITERALLY!
(12-04-2013 11:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  As HJ did point out it's not certain *why* he's in the bag.
You're doing this just to piss me off, right? Dodgy

[Image: 15427429-dog-naughty-puppy-being-punishe...nscher.jpg]

(Okay, I'm out of here before someone's emerged looking for a handjob or something.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-04-2013, 03:48 AM
(12-04-2013 11:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  As HJ did point out it's not certain *why* he's in the bag.

My guess is that if you asked him he'd 99% certain reply that it was something to do with religion, purely because any other answer would label him off the scale nutty, whereas "it's my religion" gives you a free pass to be as nutty as you like.

Maybe he lost or was trying to win a bet with a freind. Mike Zembic got breast implants just to win a $100,000 bet.

I could give you another answer that would not label him off the scale nutty.
13-04-2013, 04:11 AM
(13-04-2013 03:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

My guess is that if you asked him he'd 99% certain reply that it was something to do with religion, purely because any other answer would label him off the scale nutty, whereas "it's my religion" gives you a free pass to be as nutty as you like.

Maybe he lost or was trying to win a bet with a freind. Mike Zembic got breast implants just to win a $100,000 bet.

Try. I'm afraid getting boob implants for a bet labels you as off the scale nutty.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-04-2013, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2013 04:27 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(13-04-2013 04:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 03:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Maybe he lost or was trying to win a bet with a freind. Mike Zembic got breast implants just to win a $100,000 bet.

Try. I'm afraid getting boob implants for a bet labels you as off the scale nutty.

That was back in 1996, so it would be like $150,000 today. Maybe your so happy with the current size of your manboobs that $150,000 wouldn't be enough, but surely there exist a prize of some amount that would compel you to take the bet.

It could be that man is trying to get into a fraternity and wearing a bag on airplane is just a pledge challenge.
13-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Maybe he was trying to Hotbox. Smokin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-04-2013, 04:51 AM
(13-04-2013 04:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That was back in 1996, so it would be like $150,000 today. Maybe your so happy with the current size of your manboobs that $150,000 wouldn't be enough, but surely there exist a prize of some amount that would compel you to take the bet.
So what's your breaking point then ?

Quote:It could be that man is trying to get into a fraternity and wearing a bag on airplane is just a pledge challenge.
How likely do you think that is compared to the likelihood that he's doing it because of religion ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-04-2013, 05:12 AM
(13-04-2013 04:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  How likely do you think that is compared to the likelihood that he's doing it because of religion ?

I would say that every instance we observe a man wearing a bag on a comercial airliner for religious reasons without ever observing men wearing bags on a commercial airliner for non religious reasons, increases the likelyhood that this specific instance of a man wearing a bag on a commercial airliner was motivated by religion.
13-04-2013, 05:16 AM
He's a Cohen. They're not allowed to enter graveyards. He was informed that the flight he took back to Israel will pass above a graveyard, so after consulting with his Rabbi it was decided that he should put himself in a plastic bag.
13-04-2013, 05:19 AM
(13-04-2013 05:16 AM)Vlad Wrote:  He's a Cohen. They're not allowed to enter graveyards. He was informed that the flight he took back to Israel was passing above a graveyard, so after consulting with his Rabbi it was decided that he should put himself in a plastic bag.

Ok, so maybe I'm just being dumb here but why does a plastic bag offer more spiritual protection that the big, fuck-off metal tube that he's sitting in?

Also, out of curiosity, how far above the planet would be considered outside the graveyard's jurisdiction?

I don't think the rabbi thought this through.

Rolleyes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-04-2013, 05:25 AM
(13-04-2013 05:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 05:16 AM)Vlad Wrote:  He's a Cohen. They're not allowed to enter graveyards. He was informed that the flight he took back to Israel was passing above a graveyard, so after consulting with his Rabbi it was decided that he should put himself in a plastic bag.

Ok, so maybe I'm just being dumb here but why does a plastic bag offer more spiritual protection that the big, fuck-off metal tube that he's sitting in?

Also, out of curiosity, how far above the planet would be considered outside the graveyard's jurisdiction?

I don't think the rabbi thought this through.

Rolleyes
I... don't know.

We're not holy enough to understand their religious divine logic.

The sad thing is that those people aren't even aware of their irrational behavior.
[+] 1 user Likes Vlad's post