When the bible was made, wasn't burning people alive common?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 11:00 AM
When the bible was made, wasn't burning people alive common?
First of i'm going to go off topic and say i think they need a group on forums for simple questions from the writer or anybody. Because i wasn't sure where to put this again but maybe i'm just numbing it.

To get to my question was people back when the bible was said to be written nuts over the idea of burning people who disobeyed? If so then i was thinking wouldn't it make sense that humans created the bible because just the simple words "Burning in hell if you don't agree or obey" Kinda would remind you of how back then people where nuts over the idea of burning people alive anyways? I know things like this have been spoken about but it just occurred to me that back then people always seemed to burn others alive anyways. But i'm not sure if i'm correct if it was very common or more rare. Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: When the bible was made, wasn't burning people alive common?
While it undeniably crops up in the old testament, burning people alive is more of a modern tradition. Unless you count the Phoenicians. They were ahead of their time.

Stoning was much more common due to its cost-effectiveness and its laid-back impromptu nature that promotes crowd-sourced justice.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post