When the need for closure is great.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2014, 01:05 PM
RE: When the need for closure is great.
(19-01-2014 10:53 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 01:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly don't think no good will come of it, feels like poking a hornets' nest with a stick, but you do what you gotta do. Thumbsup

Girly, the only thing that is really gonna happen is that they are going to either have a lawyer send me a cease and desist letter, or they will call the police, who won't be able to press any charges (it doesn't meet the harassment definition), but the cop might come have a chat with me.

In EITHER of this situations, they formally acknowledge that they received and read the letter...which contains written notice that their gate is being left open, and that their new German Shepherd is showing signs of aggression. Now - if something happens with this new dog - they cannot rely on New York's one bite rule, which allows dog owners to deny liability EXCEPT for when they "'knew or should have known" the dog had vicious propensities. They cannot claim - if they do anything with the letter - that they didn't know their new dog would attack anyone, or that they were unaware of their fence situation.

Other than that - what can do they do to me without getting arrested for it? They can't hurt me - thats assault. They can't hurt my dogs - they are protected as service dogs the same a police officer is. The worst they can do is yell obscenities at me...and I have headphones for that.

I worry that they may be more petty and vindictive than you realize that's all. You said dude was a prison guard so I'm pretty sure petty and vindictive is part of his job description. ... Could be that being born and bred in PG County MD has just jaded me though.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply