When they claim they're worried about your soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2016, 11:03 PM
When they claim they're worried about your soul
Yeah, so I got into a big to-do with my husband's stepfather, who unexpectedly flipped out because I was talking about my favorite show, The Walking Dead, to my Mother in law. He doesn't want such satanic, occult talk in his home. I've never had any problems before with him, so this took me completely by surprise, and hurt me more than it normally would have. Apparently, I worship zombies because it's all I talk about, and I need to seek clean, wholesome entertainment because he's worried about my soul.

In actuality, he's confusing what's God's will and what he doesn't like or understand, but it's a convenient excuse to be an asshole. Anyone have problems like this?

Let the music be your master, will you heed the Master's call?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2016, 02:00 AM
RE: When they claim they're worried about your soul
... What is clean and wholesome entertainment, according to him? Does he watch teletubbies?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-02-2016, 02:04 AM
If they cared they'd buy you new ones.

[Image: SR19.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
22-02-2016, 02:28 AM
(21-02-2016 11:03 PM)Maeve Wrote:  Yeah, so I got into a big to-do with my husband's stepfather, who unexpectedly flipped out because I was talking about my favorite show, The Walking Dead, to my Mother in law. He doesn't want such satanic, occult talk in his home. I've never had any problems before with him, so this took me completely by surprise, and hurt me more than it normally would have. Apparently, I worship zombies because it's all I talk about, and I need to seek clean, wholesome entertainment because he's worried about my soul.

In actuality, he's confusing what's God's will and what he doesn't like or understand, but it's a convenient excuse to be an asshole. Anyone have problems like this?

Well, kind of.

Have been having interesting chats with a work colleague which drifted into religion.

When they started talking about 'Souls'.. I simply began asking them what the properties of said 'souls' were. As in... when are they made (Obviously they'd 'made' by god) to which they answered back in the 'beginning' of time.

Then I asked where they 'go' after death. To which they replied "Off to heaven, of course."

To which I pointed out that.. since they've been hanging around generally for about 13 odd billion years before they get their short, brief 60 odd years at life... isn't that a bit of a waste. So.. since they'd been in heaven for so long... and then they get plopped into reality.. only to effectively go back to heaven....

Yah, they kind of said thanks, they had lots to think about and then the subject changed. Smile

Once they began actually thinking about something which they'd kind of obviously been taking for ranted until l this time was interesting to watch. Smile
22-02-2016, 02:38 AM
(21-02-2016 11:03 PM)Maeve Wrote:  Yeah, so I got into a big to-do with my husband's stepfather, who unexpectedly flipped out because I was talking about my favorite show, The Walking Dead, to my Mother in law. He doesn't want such satanic, occult talk in his home. I've never had any problems before with him, so this took me completely by surprise, and hurt me more than it normally would have. Apparently, I worship zombies because it's all I talk about, and I need to seek clean, wholesome entertainment because he's worried about my soul.

I generally keep people like that as far out of my life as possible.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-02-2016, 03:54 AM
The reason xtians hate TV shows with zombies, witches, vampires and such ----

Their fictional book just doesn't stack up to a good Stephen King novel...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-02-2016, 05:45 AM
(22-02-2016 03:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The reason xtians hate TV shows with zombies, witches, vampires and such ----

Their fictional book just doesn't stack up to a good Stephen King novel...............

This is true.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-02-2016, 06:10 AM
I don't have people with such silly beliefs around me so I don't have to deal with this particular kind of idiocy.

Also god will equals whatever nutjob is speaking will.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
22-02-2016, 08:32 AM
Wasn't the book of Matthew the first edition of the Walking Dead? Seeing as how it talks about the graves opening up and the dead walking around and all....

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
22-02-2016, 08:53 AM
I'm sure he's really going to hate WD now. They just had a character named Jesus on it last night and yes, he looks like Jesus and can perform "miraculous" escapes, hence the nickname.

I had to deal with a lot of shit from pastors and religious people about my yoga practice. I heard it all--it's of the occult, you are opening yourself up to the devil, it's un-christian, you are worshiping idols, yadda yadda yadda. At the end of the day, you just have to feel sorry for people like that, they are missing out on so much life has to offer.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post