When was the last time you went to church?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 07:11 AM
RE: When was the last time you went to church?
A couple of weeks ago. My wife made a big deal so we went as a family. She has gone a couple of times without me since then. My son goes with her, but my girls do not. I am not sure what I am going to do about easter yet. I am sure she will push for us to go as a family. I really do not want to go.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 07:26 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-02-2014 07:10 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 03:20 PM)thedudette Wrote:  Just curious Big Grin

I'm here now

So ? Who gives a shit. Go away.
(Congratulations though. You almost managed a post with no spelling or grammatical errors. Almost.)

You don't "own" religion Drich. You are a VERY poor representative of it.

I was in church right before Christmas, and again on Christmas eve. My mom asks me to go with her, I wouldn't think of saying "no".
Who cares ? Good music, and everyone is drunk that night, usually.
If people want to tell themselves traditional myths, and celebrate "divine" babies that pop out of a "virgin", they'd have to be drunk to
actually buy it. It's an interesting "played-out" drama, with the congregation acting as part of the play, (I'm sure there's a word for that in Theater).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2014, 07:34 AM
I went last Pascha - the Orthodox Easter Celebration, because my grandmother's Russian Orthodox friend had come over from New Zealand and wanted the company and my grandmother wasn't up to going - also my Grandfather asked me to come as he would love to see me there. We left early though because they were doing what is called "Rush" which adds two hours to the liturgy and neither of us were up to hanging around for it.
20-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Wow! I'm totally surprised that most of you have gone to church recently. Hummm. I'm blissfully unaware of church. My life has been great without it too. Portland, OR (where I live) has the least church's of any large size city in the US. I think it was around 32% who identified as religious here. Except for all the rain, I'm glad I live in Portlandia!

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
20-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Hmm, the last time? Consider twas 1989 for my sister in laws wedding..... 2 hours of catholic torture, bla, bla, bla, some latin shit..... more bla , bla, bla.

Before that about 49 years ago, when I got kicked out of catholic skool sckool school Smartass

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
20-02-2014, 11:51 AM
My cousin's wedding last June had a religious service. Before that? Christmas of 2005 I think.
20-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Wedding last summer. First time in a church since I was like 7 years old. I found it difficult not to look too disgusted. So much nonsense said in such a short amount of time...

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you
do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours.
20-02-2014, 05:07 PM
about 4 years ago probably....wait I take that back. I attended this one church last year called "Creative Living Fellowship". It was like a religious science kind of church...kind of weird. It felt very hippie-ish I guess you could say. I went because my sister goes there and I wanted to see what she believes in.
20-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Never set foot in a church to worship gawd. I've had to go once or twice a year though for any funerals or weddings I haven't been able to avoid.
22-02-2014, 01:35 AM
15 years ago next christmas!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.