When was the last time you went to church?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: When was the last time you went to church?
I do funerals and weddings. The last one was 2 years ago. I do pop in to Durham Cathedral occasionally, not for services but I LOVE the sound of the Cathedral organ. It causes your chest to reverberate. The Cathedral itself is beautiful, all of the stones are hand carved and there are still stained glass windows that have been there since the 11th century. It's kind of a touristy place really, it's only a very small percentage of people who go there to worship, most of the foot fall is from people like me who like historical sites and of course the odd Harry Potter fan. Big Grin I was last there about a month ago.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Christmas 2013. I like the pastor at my parents' church...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-02-2014, 05:07 AM
I thought that the thread was about going to an actual mass or service. As a tourist I go in churches all the time, unless you have to pay.

The real gospel: Jesus went rogue and preached love instead of genocide. God got angry and went old testament style on Jesus's ass, setting him up to be tortured and killed. The End.
22-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Last time I actually set foot in a religious building was probably about 11 years ago.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2014, 10:02 AM
(19-02-2014 03:20 PM)thedudette Wrote:  Just curious Big Grin

About 16 years ago some friends invited us to come with them to their church. It was a baptist church and the preachers opening remark was this: Last night on my way home I shot two gays and ran over two more with my car. The whole congregation laughed uproariously. Needless to say we never went back. A few years later we attended a Presbyterian church a few times because my wife wanted the kids to be exposed to religion. At the time I was still trying to believe because I had been raised that you weren't a good person if you didn't go to church. I just couldn't do it. It was shortly after that that I admitted to myself that there was no rational reason to believe and I needn't feel guilty at all for not being able to.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick