When was the last time you went trick-or-treating?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2016, 09:02 PM
RE: When was the last time you went trick-or-treating?
I think it was 2002. Our first Jack Russell terrier was a party dog, and we got him a costume so he could go with my friend's daughter. I ran along and he went to the doors with her in a superman cape costume.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
24-10-2016, 09:30 PM
(24-10-2016 08:57 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(24-10-2016 08:41 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Blush What I meant was it was humanitarian, you just happened to be in a combat zone.

Oh okay. I was talking about just driving around the neighborhood in my white, windowless van wearing a costume offering kids free candy for Halloween. That's kind of like trick or treating.

Oh. Laugh out load You're really just a nice guy, under that armored exterior. Yes
24-10-2016, 09:36 PM
(24-10-2016 09:02 PM)skyking Wrote:  I think it was 2002. Our first Jack Russell terrier was a party dog, and we got him a costume so he could go with my friend's daughter. I ran along and he went to the doors with her in a superman cape costume.

Awww so cute! Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
27-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Never.
I'm English.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
27-10-2016, 03:42 PM
1998ish?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
28-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Never because that was not a thing in Germany when I was younger.

The closest I got to trick or treating was "Sternsinger" (Epiphany singer?) which is a thing in Bavaria (don't know about the rest of Germany). That is between 25th December and 6 January. The churches will organize it for kids to walk the city, knock at doors and sing Christmas songs for people. They usually will then collect a donation for the church and/or sweets. I did that once and it was very fun. I think I was 12 at the time. One elderly man was so happy that we sang to him, he even invited you in for a hot chocolate.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
28-10-2016, 02:07 PM
(28-10-2016 02:05 PM)Leela Wrote:  Never because that was not a thing in Germany when I was younger.

The closest I got to trick or treating was "Sternsinger" (Epiphany singer?) which is a thing in Bavaria (don't know about the rest of Germany). That is between 25th December and 6 January. The churches will organize it for kids to walk the city, knock at doors and sing Christmas songs for people. They usually will then collect a donation for the church and/or sweets. I did that once and it was very fun. I think I was 12 at the time. One elderly man was so happy that we sang to him, he even invited you in for a hot chocolate.

Same here, except we didn't knock and got nothing. We had to make a little paper lantern and carry it. Or maybe that was an entirely different festival.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-10-2016, 02:16 PM
(28-10-2016 02:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  Same here, except we didn't knock and got nothing. We had to make a little paper lantern and carry it. Or maybe that was an entirely different festival.
That's St. Martin Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -