When will all religions extinct?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: When will all religions extinct?
It depends on whether or not our civilization survives long enough. Atheism is growing faster than any religion (or so I've read)... Its hard to say. Maybe we're on the brink of a major philosophical revolution in which religion finally enters a free fall. I can't see it vanishing completely, unless science is allowed to progress... If science can't answer fundamental questions any better than Christianity, Judaism or Islam, another religion will just come along and take their place.

But, it would only take a single nuclear exchange between global powers to completely undo everything... A nuclear war is the big long snake that takes you right back to square one.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2014, 04:12 AM
(17-01-2014 08:40 AM)CuriousHuman Wrote:  Hey, I am CuriousHuman, and i am curious about it, about how will religion end up in the future.

In the future there will be a religion devoted to Elvis.

Quote:Will it extinct?
what happening?

Everyone progressively becomes Elvis. Here is some evidence:

[Image: Elvis-impersonators-in-Prague.jpg]

[Image: Elvis_impersonators_record.jpg]

[Image: COVER.tributeelvises.jpg]

Quote: and when will it happen?

Now, it's happening now.

Quote: is there any sign of this? (rational signs only, "omens" doesnt allowed)

Yes.

[Image: elvis-impersonators.jpg]

Quote:Will it survive?

Elvisism will survive.

Quote:why it should?

Because Elvis is King.

Quote: and how?

By awakening the inner-Elvis that lives in everyone. If you have ever had cravings for calorically dense food that is your inner-Elvis stirring. Answer that call with a Peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich.

Quote:or it could be survived because it is actually become a new kind? Like...
its evolved?
evolved becoming a money machine? a religion for robot?

We are evolving toward Elvisness. It is happening even in Asia:

[Image: Ec.jpg]

[Image: elvis-week4261-1_thumb.jpg]

Quote:use our imagination!

I don't need to.

Quote:so the story went apocalyptic as the plan goes, is still complicated and the story revolves around a curious girl finding the truth behind the "Religion" and the apocalypse, "The God's Judgement" (where the God is actually God's, aka the smart people of the so secret society Tongue)

Elvis is smarter than everyone. Does the curious girl discover her inner-Elvis?

Quote:My findings on the internet is Atheism is increasing.

Elvisness is increasing.

Quote:So we are talking in a global scale and all religions, an example of a place or a religion and how it goes extinct could be helpful.

Yes on a global scale, all people:

[Image: 95684329_8.jpg%3Fw%3D501]

Quote:I really need your opinion Smile

This is all fact not opinion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chippy's post
18-01-2014, 05:01 AM
While ever there are people who want answer without learning anything, there will be religions (and conspiracy nutjobs).

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
18-01-2014, 07:10 AM
The idea that society is somehow a evolving consept that moves towards perfection is pritty much as backwards as living in the stone age.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
18-01-2014, 07:17 AM
(18-01-2014 07:10 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The idea that society is somehow a evolving consept that moves towards perfection is pritty much as backwards as living in the stone age.

I think it's undeniable that some societies have been getting better. More tolerant, more free... racism, sexism and homophobia are all in retreat... remains to be seen if it'll last or not.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-01-2014, 07:28 AM
(18-01-2014 07:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think it's undeniable that some societies have been getting better. More tolerant, more free... racism, sexism and homophobia are all in retreat... remains to be seen if it'll last or not.

Which does not mean that a society is a progressively evolving body. The only people who have proposed this in the past were authoritarian madmen willing to sacrifice millions.

Until the arrival of the Americans, pot was legal and part of national tradition in Japan.
Before the arrival of the ancient greeks and later the arrival of Islam, slvary was outlawed in Persia.
Before the arrival of christianity there was religious tolerance in the Roman empire.
Until the arrival of the Americans, homosexuality was seen as normal in Japan.
Before christianity homosexuality was normal in the Roman empire.

These small examples out of a vast number of such incidents should show that societies are very well capable of moving backwards. In fact there is no such thing as a guidbook or general set of rules that a society follows in it`s development.

[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
18-01-2014, 07:39 AM
I see, I was thinking on a shorter timescale than you Smile Like, in the last 50 odd years society the world over has become more of a global culture with a lot of the shitty stuff slowly making way for more progressive attitudes. Of course further back there have been problems and we need to be aware that this that we have is fragile and can easily be lost...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-01-2014, 07:40 AM
(18-01-2014 04:12 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 08:40 AM)CuriousHuman Wrote:  Hey, I am CuriousHuman, and i am curious about it, about how will religion end up in the future.

In the future there will be a religion devoted to Elvis.

Quote:Will it extinct?
what happening?

Everyone progressively becomes Elvis. Here is some evidence:

[Image: Elvis-impersonators-in-Prague.jpg]

[Image: Elvis_impersonators_record.jpg]

[Image: COVER.tributeelvises.jpg]

Quote: and when will it happen?

Now, it's happening now.

Quote: is there any sign of this? (rational signs only, "omens" doesnt allowed)

Yes.

[Image: elvis-impersonators.jpg]

Quote:Will it survive?

Elvisism will survive.

Quote:why it should?

Because Elvis is King.

Quote: and how?

By awakening the inner-Elvis that lives in everyone. If you have ever had cravings for calorically dense food that is your inner-Elvis stirring. Answer that call with a Peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich.

Quote:or it could be survived because it is actually become a new kind? Like...
its evolved?
evolved becoming a money machine? a religion for robot?

We are evolving toward Elvisness. It is happening even in Asia:

[Image: Ec.jpg]

[Image: elvis-week4261-1_thumb.jpg]

Quote:use our imagination!

I don't need to.

Quote:so the story went apocalyptic as the plan goes, is still complicated and the story revolves around a curious girl finding the truth behind the "Religion" and the apocalypse, "The God's Judgement" (where the God is actually God's, aka the smart people of the so secret society Tongue)

Elvis is smarter than everyone. Does the curious girl discover her inner-Elvis?

Quote:My findings on the internet is Atheism is increasing.

Elvisness is increasing.

Quote:So we are talking in a global scale and all religions, an example of a place or a religion and how it goes extinct could be helpful.

Yes on a global scale, all people:

[Image: 95684329_8.jpg%3Fw%3D501]

Quote:I really need your opinion Smile

This is all fact not opinion.

I don't know what's worse, this, or catholic priests cumming on everybody's kids?Weeping
18-01-2014, 07:45 AM
There are people who believe in a flat Earth in modern times, so what do you think? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-01-2014, 08:09 AM
(18-01-2014 07:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  I see, I was thinking on a shorter timescale than you Smile Like, in the last 50 odd years society the world over has become more of a global culture with a lot of the shitty stuff slowly making way for more progressive attitudes. Of course further back there have been problems and we need to be aware that this that we have is fragile and can easily be lost...

Even through the past 50 years you will encounter movements that go against what you or I may considere progressive and have had considerable success.

Your fellow citizens south of the mason dixon line are one example.