When will the GOP stop mixing politics in religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 01:44 PM
RE: When will the GOP stop mixing politics in religion
(28-03-2014 09:14 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 07:39 AM)natachan Wrote:  When it stops being profitable for them to be such.

I think you hit the nail on the head--maybe not as much profitable, but more so usable. It is a strong base for them. They can stir up the base by being anti-gay, anti-choice, in favor of charter schools, touting religious freedoms, teaching creationism in schools, etc., all within the guise of religion.

It is very easy to stir people up into a cause--especially those of lower intellect or an inability to critically think for themselves. The repubs use the banners of religion, anti-science (see anti-global warming), and anti-government to get votes.

This.

Also, the Republicans are the current party of corporate endorsement. Their politics are supported by big money. The ignorant, easily manipulated, responsive to authority religious nut base is putty for the corporations to play with. The more uneducated the population, the more corporations can get away with.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
28-03-2014, 02:03 PM
(28-03-2014 01:44 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 09:14 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  I think you hit the nail on the head--maybe not as much profitable, but more so usable. It is a strong base for them. They can stir up the base by being anti-gay, anti-choice, in favor of charter schools, touting religious freedoms, teaching creationism in schools, etc., all within the guise of religion.

It is very easy to stir people up into a cause--especially those of lower intellect or an inability to critically think for themselves. The repubs use the banners of religion, anti-science (see anti-global warming), and anti-government to get votes.

This.

Also, the Republicans are the current party of corporate endorsement. Their politics are supported by big money. The ignorant, easily manipulated, responsive to authority religious nut base is putty for the corporations to play with. The more uneducated the population, the more corporations can get away with.

Because the left isn't in the pocket of other big corporations and destructive influences?
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
28-03-2014, 04:49 PM
(28-03-2014 09:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 08:57 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I no longer belong to either party. Both are full of morons and idiots whose main motivation is self-enrichment and ego.

Maybe the Chris Christie and Rand Paul will lessen the influence of the religious right but I am not counting on it.

You're kidding right? Christie is corrupt as hell (see the bridge scandal) and Rand Paul is an idiot.

Agreed. I liked Ron Paul, he didn't seem interested in pushing religious agenda, but his son Rand... He is in the thick of it, no thanks No

And Muffs, you comment about "the other half of our one party system" made me laugh a lot harder than it should have. I agree with evenheathen's sentiment that he hates democrats, but is scared of republicans.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
31-03-2014, 06:55 AM
(28-03-2014 09:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 08:57 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I no longer belong to either party. Both are full of morons and idiots whose main motivation is self-enrichment and ego.

Maybe the Chris Christie and Rand Paul will lessen the influence of the religious right but I am not counting on it.

You're kidding right? Christie is corrupt as hell (see the bridge scandal) and Rand Paul is an idiot.

You mean the bridge scandal that he was exonerated on? Christie aside, please help me understand your standard of "corrupt as hell" and whether anyone currently a part of the political elite in this country is worth of such a classification?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
31-03-2014, 07:12 AM
(former) Mayor Patrick Cannon of Charlotte (where I live) was arrested this past week by the Feds for bribery and corruption.

He was Democrat.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
31-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Aleprauchanist Wrote:RE: When will the GOP stop mixing politics in religion

They're kind of stuck with it due to the southern strategy. Now, they may start to backpeddle on some issues like gay marriage as the stance becomes less popular and loses them votes.

(28-03-2014 05:27 AM)Aleprauchanist Wrote:  I mean seriously, It's Pathetic that many Atheists feel like they have to be Left wing because of this.

Most atheists I know that talk about politics are either liberal or libertarian. The latter option allows the to be conservative without all the extra crap tacked onto the Republican party.