When you die?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2015, 05:04 PM
When you die?
I've been wondering for a long time what determines when a person dies. I mean, there are plenty of people who "should" have died (lone survivor of an accident, terminal illness, lucky to have walked away, etc) but didn't. Exactly how is that determined? You know the saying "it wasn't his/her time"? Is there a big lottery in the sky that sucks ass and your name is suddenly drawn and you die?

In case you're wondering I really am serious about this question and would love to hear what others think, so please don't poke too much fun at me, mkay?

Thanks! Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: When you die?
(28-05-2015 05:04 PM)huntingchik Wrote:  I've been wondering for a long time what determines when a person dies. I mean, there are plenty of people who "should" have died (lone survivor of an accident, terminal illness, lucky to have walked away, etc) but didn't. Exactly how is that determined? You know the saying "it wasn't his/her time"? Is there a big lottery in the sky that sucks ass and your name is suddenly drawn and you die?

In case you're wondering I really am serious about this question and would love to hear what others think, so please don't poke too much fun at me, mkay?

Thanks! Angel

No lottery. It's life. That's all.

I believe more in quality of life rather than how many years one lives.

Welcome to the forum.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-05-2015, 06:18 PM
When you die?
Death is completely random. Actually there really is no death. Your atoms will still exist and take on another form just as they did before they formed you.
28-05-2015, 06:21 PM
(28-05-2015 05:04 PM)huntingchik Wrote:  I've been wondering for a long time what determines when a person dies. I mean, there are plenty of people who "should" have died (lone survivor of an accident, terminal illness, lucky to have walked away, etc) but didn't. Exactly how is that determined? You know the saying "it wasn't his/her time"? Is there a big lottery in the sky that sucks ass and your name is suddenly drawn and you die?

Thanks! Angel

Hi, Welcome to TTA Smile

No sky lottery Tongue There are always chances of people surviving things--even when odds are against them. The lone survivor of an accident for example could have been sitting in an area that received less of the impact from the crash, they could have been wearing a seat belt and others were not etc. etc. Lots of things can contribute to people surviving various things over others in same situation.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-05-2015, 06:21 PM
What determines who lives and who dies?

Blind luck. Where you're lucky enough to have an opportunity, you'd best be ready to grab it with both hands, too.
28-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Random chance, stupidity, carelessness, maliciousness, ... You'd have to look at specific instances to figure out the probable cause. There's certainly no reason I see to suspect anything like a "big lottery in the sky" except metaphorically.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Random chance I think.
28-05-2015, 06:34 PM
The answer is not - God's will, divine plan, boredom, smiting mood...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-05-2015, 06:38 PM

Thanks! Angel

Random chance be thy answer.

There is no evidence to suggest some sort of cosmic lottery.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-05-2015, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2015 08:18 PM by Bucky Ball.)
For human life to sustain itself, many complex systems have to work together, at a minimal level, or be replicated artificially. When that stops happening, (which can be caused by any number of factors such as blunt force trauma, or disease), they stop working together and the organism begins a long complex process of disintegration. Brain and heart, respiratory, endocrine and kidney functions can stop rather suddenly, and they all shut down rather quickly. Consciousness stops when a brain can no longer process incoming sensory information due to the brain cells not being acceptably oxygenated. Not every system or element in a larger organism dies at the same time. For example, the bacteria in a human gut probably lives and reproduces for quite some time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.