When you know better...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2014, 01:15 AM
When you know better...
I´m sorry if the thread is misplaced. There are just so many categories to chose from Gasp

Anyways, do any of you, and I am particularly referring to women (men are welcome to answer as well), have this strange affliction (not sure if I´m using the word right, but here goes) between what you, rationally, know to be a healthy body image and what the media portraits?

I am not overweight, but I have had a child, and have genes that have left me with stretch marks and breast that bear witness of having breastfed. I know, like logically, that´s just how it is with some women, and is nothing to be ashamed of. That is what I put out to the world anyways.

But like secretly, I hate that the chances of me looking like those women in the magazines are like none existing. And I hate that I hate that chance. I know I´ve been brainwashed by society, and am able to think about my body rationally, but still I hang on to that brainwashing. I just wish I would be able to let go of that fantasy, and enjoy my life... which I assume is pretty healthy, and the effort to change my body that drastically is just not happening Tongue

Do any of you feel this way as well?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: When you know better...
Yeah, I totally get what you are saying. Our culture is brutal on women, focusing on the superficial. And you know what? Our culture pumps out superficial women who spend their lives wondering who they really are or could have been.

Superficiality builds an inner weakness. You don't want that. Focus on health and intellect, and you'll find a life you can be proud of.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
11-09-2014, 01:21 PM
It doesn't matter how thin the model is. They will Photoshop no matter what.

Yes? No? Maybe?
11-09-2014, 01:34 PM
I admit I struggle with this to an extent.

I've always been a chubby hobbit girl. Since getting pregnant I've struggled with my big round tummy. I know I'm pregnant and I shouldn't worry so much about how it looks cause hey, its a beautiful fantastic baby that I'm already so in love with I cant stand it....anyway, I know it shouldnt bother me but it does. I've even shed some tears over it. That may make me a bad person. I dunno....

I just wanted to say I get it. Lol.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard