When your son is murdered

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: When your son is murdered
(13-12-2014 08:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  From the title, I half expected the son in question to be Jesus.

I wonder what god thought about thd murder of his son (himself). I guess he wasn't too surprised.

OK, yeah, whatever gets you through the night, I suppose.

Evolution saw it fit to give us denial and delusion. Useful tools, in this case.

Consider

evolution still hasn't fully weeded out the tendency to hold onto obvious nonsense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2014, 10:54 AM
If that ever happened to my son and someone said that to me I would probably go ballistic. What a horrible thing to even think about your kid.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
13-12-2014, 11:15 AM
(13-12-2014 07:35 AM)Toney Wrote:  Here's what he said to the reporter about his son being murdered:

“I had 29 wonderful years with him, and I guess I’m honored that the Lord chose my son to come home,”

Wow! When you're a Cristian you can be kind of happy someone killed your son. Warped.

I tend to be of the mind that whatever someone says when they're grieving this much should be allowed.

I don't want to be judged for my words if I ever find myself in such an awful situation. I doubt they'll be rational.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
13-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Religious coping with death mechanism.

Society has conditioned itself to offended if someone offers an opinion of reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
13-12-2014, 12:26 PM
This would be a difficult situation no matter what. When you have kids everything changes but if this were to happen to me I don't think someone telling me my kid was in a "better place" would help.

What "better place" is there but here, living your life with friends and family. There is no better place.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-12-2014, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2014 09:28 AM by sansdieux.)
Invariably, people who are in such severe denial eventually come around when they have had enough of the effects of the cognitive dissonance they're feeding or experiencing, and depending on the degree of the individual's belief, this stress can trigger psychological splits or breaks which manifest differently in everyone. Some can handle it, some cannot, but in all cases, I'd say, it's not their fault. They are reacting exactly how sentient beings (some animals experience it, too) act under such circumstances, and it should be noted this condition can also be used as a tactic of control (hello organized religion and corrupt politics!).

An example of political cognitive dissonance is GW Bush shilling for republicans in the 2008 election saying they kept us safe from terrorist attacks even though 9/11 happened on his watch, or Bush and Obama both telling us they had anything but selfish motives when they bypassed two branches of our government and made executive orders that removed freedoms. Those are not my reality, and I feel inner conflict to a wee degree, because no one is calling them on it.

Cognitive dissonance is mental stress, discomfort, and uncomfortable tension experienced by an individual who holds contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values. This is what we all feel when our beliefs don't match up with reality, and we all experience it to some extent these days.

For me, I experience it all the time now with our shadowy government who tells me they care about me, when I see the police state gearing up in the name of security, and when I see people beginning to psychologically break more and more every day.

And know I feel it when I look up and see planes spraying in patterns overhead that spread into a white haze where the climate (not the weather, they are different) indicates the sky should be a deep, dark blue. They admit they spray chaff (aerosol particulates of aluminum to deter radar, they say it's tests) for weather control and radar deterrent but you have to look for it, and no one will admit it but whistleblowers, nor will anyone even admit that's what we're seeing. We're supposedly just seeing regular contrails from regular airplanes (nothing to see here, folks, look back down at your iPhones) even if you live where there is no air traffic for hundreds of miles, and most importantly, even if reality screams otherwise.

Xians must be in this state of mental stress chronically, and this could be a micro-catalyst when anyone, xian or not, snaps.

~incrédulité~
18-12-2014, 09:45 AM
(13-12-2014 08:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ......I wonder what god thought about the murder of his son.................

Kind of like when the kids go to grandmas for 3 days. Smile