Where England went wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2014, 04:16 AM
RE: Where England went wrong
Military defeat by Britain key to World Cup success

Quote:Finalists Germany and Argentina have both been defeated by Britain in wars, a blow which may have spurred them on to sporting success.

Military historian Tom Logan said: “In 1945, Germany waved the white flag. Nine years later, they’ve won the World Cup.

“Similarly, in 1982, Britain’s forces ejected Argentina from the Falkland Islands. Four years later, in 1986, Argentina lift the trophy. With Germany as finalists, wouldn’t you know.

Quote:“It’s just a shame we haven’t had a civil war in a while. Otherwise we might score some goals too.”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Look out for Iraq in 8 years then?

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
12-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Re: RE: Where England went wrong
(12-07-2014 04:16 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Military defeat by Britain key to World Cup success

Quote:Finalists Germany and Argentina have both been defeated by Britain in wars, a blow which may have spurred them on to sporting success.

Military historian Tom Logan said: “In 1945, Germany waved the white flag. Nine years later, they’ve won the World Cup.

“Similarly, in 1982, Britain’s forces ejected Argentina from the Falkland Islands. Four years later, in 1986, Argentina lift the trophy. With Germany as finalists, wouldn’t you know.

Quote:“It’s just a shame we haven’t had a civil war in a while. Otherwise we might score some goals too.”

That argument legitimately holds over in American football too, at least on the college level. College football literally took off in rivalry jolts fueled by former civil war tensions. Now look where the strongest teams formed.. The former confederate states.

England just needs to globalize again.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
12-07-2014, 10:35 AM
[Image: Jfxituv.png]
/thread
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
12-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Their manager brought extra young players. Not to win the world cup, but to train them through some matches and get them expirience for 2016 Euro cup and the 2018 world cup.

What went wrong was the same thing that went wrong with Italy, Uruguay and Greece!

Nobody expected Sloth Kong:

[Image: SLOTH_KONG_03-804x800-640x636.jpg]

Damn it! Being a Costa Rican these past weeks must have been even more awsome than being German the last week!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
12-07-2014, 09:01 PM
(12-07-2014 10:35 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: Jfxituv.png]
/thread

Ooooold Joke...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
12-07-2014, 11:28 PM
They showed up, that's where they went wrong.

England's problem is the Premier League. Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.
When the biggest achievement you can reach in sport is playing for Arsenal or Liverpool or whatever, where's the determination to work as a team to win as an 'English' team? The incentive is to do personally well, not making sacrifices for the team, so you can increase your worth and get into a better Premier League team.

I don't know anything about soccer though, I just wanted to say something to sound like I knew what I was talking about. Sad

rugby > soccer anyway so fuck you.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
13-07-2014, 12:13 PM
[Image: tumblr_n8nlxzNcvI1tgbvx6o1_500.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Can I just point out that in their last game England switched to playing the 4-1-2-1-2 formation that I advocated in the OP and won away against Switzerland, despite being expected to lose. Smartass

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.