Where? Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Where? Here?
Sounds stupid but who are you calling an Atheist.

I see that most people here come out of Christianity, and that pretty damaged if I may add.
I've read one who used to be a Muslim.
Didn't read about Jews here, yet but I am sure that would count, too.

Now what about Hinduist, Pagans, Wicca > more than one God
Buddhist, Witch > No God
Satanist > Satan (might not count as a God)

I am asking because I feel a little weird with everyone talking about christianity because they came out of that when I came out of that one just fine but what still haunts me is my witch time and i haven't found some place to write about topics like that yet nor do I know where it would fit best. Here in this section? If this is about religions in general I guess yes.
I would like to write some things down and get input on it from more people but my hubby (sorry hun, no offense).

So where do I post something like that? Here in the Atheist/Theist section? Does it fit here?

Dunno, help me? Confused

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2011, 02:41 PM
RE: Where? Here?
Yes.

Is that the answer you were looking for? Smile

You never know who might come out of the woodwork if you share your experience. Frankly, as a post-Christian, I'd enjoy reading some other perspectives.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
18-12-2011, 03:07 PM
(18-12-2011 02:28 PM)Leela Wrote:  Satanist > Satan (might not count as a God)

Be careful with this, as there are different forms of satanism. Many of the various sects of satanism do not worship Satan as a deity but either as a "force" or they do not believe in any deity at all.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaos MD's post
18-12-2011, 03:12 PM
(18-12-2011 03:07 PM)Kaos MD Wrote:  
(18-12-2011 02:28 PM)Leela Wrote:  Satanist > Satan (might not count as a God)

Be careful with this, as there are different forms of satanism. Many of the various sects of satanism do not worship Satan as a deity but either as a "force" or they do not believe in any deity at all.

Actually I know that there are a lot of forms of Satanism (click my website, it's a blog and the most recent entry is about satanism) as are of all the other religions. I simply picked what is most commonly known.

[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
18-12-2011, 03:13 PM
so tell us about your witch time... or make a new thread on it.. sounds interesting.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
18-12-2011, 03:17 PM
(18-12-2011 03:13 PM)ddrew Wrote:  so tell us about your witch time... or make a new thread on it.. sounds interesting.

I second that. I think it would be an excellent source to enlighten the community with.
18-12-2011, 03:43 PM
(18-12-2011 03:13 PM)ddrew Wrote:  so tell us about your witch time... or make a new thread on it.. sounds interesting.

I wanna hear (er, read) about your witch time too. But I think you should probably put it in a new thread as Drew suggests. "Let's Talk Witches, Bitches" has a nice ring to it. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I think you should post in witchever thread you want to (see what I did there?) as long as I can post this video in response. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I want to hear about your time practicing other forms of beliefs, too. I bet you have seen or experienced some interesting things.

I was all hunky-dory with Buddhism in my adult years until I came across oracles. That was pretty messed up! It's a self induced trance that reminded me of excorsism.

When I discovered my atheist POV I had met a magician who was very good and he helped me debunk quite a few 'tricks' and illusions in this world, I bet witchcraft uses a lot of that.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
18-12-2011, 04:24 PM
thanks for the positive replies. I just spent over an hour writing down some of that witchy stuff. Opened a new thread for it Smile If you have any questions, of course you are welcome to ask. Just maybe ask there then so we have it all on one spot Smile