Where? Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2011, 04:53 PM
RE: Where? Here?
(18-12-2011 02:28 PM)Leela Wrote:  Sounds stupid but who are you calling an Atheist.
Dunno, help me? Confused

I believe the to be an atheist, one has to disbelieve the supernatural. All of it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-12-2011, 11:38 AM

(18-12-2011 03:07 PM)Kaos MD Wrote:  
(18-12-2011 02:28 PM)Leela Wrote:  Satanist > Satan (might not count as a God)

Be careful with this, as there are different forms of satanism. Many of the various sects of satanism do not worship Satan as a deity but either as a "force" or they do not believe in any deity at all.

But but but.......... Leave it to Bob and Dave to show you REALLY what happens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI2AS8MiCJk

Hail Satan!

D
Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I may be putting my ignorance on the line, but if one were to actually "believe" in or "worship" satan, in order to acknowledge his existence, wouldn't that include belief in god as a supreme being? How does one exist without the other?

Like I've said previously, one of my saddest days after fully embracing atheism was the realization there is no hell, because so many people deserve to be there (I joke, I joke - no panties in a wad over this please)...but seriously, people that drive slow in the left lane on the highway - they should at least have an extended weekend in hell...um, if it actually existed...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
22-12-2011, 12:44 PM
We had this Luciferanist on the forum but no one really took him serious though... Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
22-12-2011, 12:46 PM
(18-12-2011 04:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  I believe the to be an atheist, one has to disbelieve the supernatural. All of it.

Ummm... no. Being an atheist means that you don't believe in god(s). Let's let words mean what they're supposed to mean

*Some* atheists - many of us here - are also skeptics and secularists and rationalists and many other things which may be related to our atheism but not necessary. When I technically became an atheist I still kinda believed in reincarnation for no good reason. I was an atheist without being a skeptic. However, when I first came across good arguments to reject it, I did because I am not a complete idiot.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
22-12-2011, 08:47 PM
(18-12-2011 04:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-12-2011 02:28 PM)Leela Wrote:  Sounds stupid but who are you calling an Atheist.
Dunno, help me? Confused

I believe the to be an atheist, one has to disbelieve the supernatural. All of it.

Bah, it's only magic until we know the trick. It's only supernatural until we can explain it. There's currently plenty of inexplicable shit happening at the frontiers of explanation.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-12-2011, 08:54 PM
(18-12-2011 02:28 PM)Leela Wrote:  I am asking because I feel a little weird with everyone talking about christianity because they came out of that when I came out of that one just fine but what still haunts me is my witch time and i haven't found some place to write about topics like that yet nor do I know where it would fit best.

Leela, I'm curious, now that almost a week has gone by since you shared the story of your witchy ways; if you feel more connected with generic, run-of-the-mill ex-Christian atheists, or perhaps more distant?

I know the answer is probably "more connected" because you and Mall are vibrant parts of our community, but I'm curious what your thoughts and feelings have been since you shared.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-12-2011, 09:57 PM
(22-12-2011 08:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-12-2011 04:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Dunno, help me? Confused

Bah, it's only magic until we know the trick. It's only supernatural until we can explain it. There's currently plenty of inexplicable shit happening at the frontiers of explanation.

Absolutely - but it's not supernatural.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]