Where Would You Live?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2016, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 06:22 AM by Full Circle.)
RE: Where Would You Live?
The closing seconds of this short video pans to show the island I live on Cool

I’m good here, thanks. That doesn’t mean I don’t like to travel but I always like coming home.

That’s my island home there in the distance and this is the bridge I go under to get out to the reefs.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
08-12-2016, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 09:08 AM by yakherder.)
Southeastern Taiwan.

Northern Japan, maybe Hokkaido or northern Honshu.

Yellowknife.

Alaska, anywhere not in Anchorage or Juneau.

Some remote Antarctic research camp.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
08-12-2016, 08:12 AM
I always really struggle with this question because I haven't been everywhere (yet! lol)

Ideally, I would want to live in two places. I love nature and solitude, but I also love the city. I go to NYC often and feel very alive there, if that makes sense.

I loathe ice and snow after 4 months of it, but I would really miss having four seasons.

So, long story short. I need one house in a quiet and picturesque area where I can be near the ocean and have a huge amount of land - I loved Ireland, so maybe there. And an apartment in a vibrant city - like NYC or Paris (for the food) or London. Although I also loved the German cities.

So HARD. lol

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
08-12-2016, 08:50 AM
(07-12-2016 04:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If you could live anywhere in the world right now other than where you are currently living, where would you live and why?

There are really many good places.

My tops ones:

NYC for being the center of gravity - you can land in from Proxima Centauri and just fit in.

Cape Town - nice weather, spectacular scenery.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
08-12-2016, 09:11 AM
(08-12-2016 08:06 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Southeastern Taiwan.

Yellowknife.

Yellowknife--Is that in Canada? I think that's where that tv show I posted was filmed.
08-12-2016, 09:41 AM
(08-12-2016 09:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 08:06 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Southeastern Taiwan.

Yellowknife.

Yellowknife--Is that in Canada? I think that's where that tv show I posted was filmed.

Yeah the non tax paying boat people are a big issue for debate in Yellowknife lol. When I was working at the diamond mine up north, Yellowknife was where I'd have to go to catch the company flight for my rotation at Snap Lake. I would have loved to just live there and not have to make two flights to get to work, but my girlfriend was, to understate it, not on board with the idea Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
08-12-2016, 09:54 AM
(08-12-2016 09:41 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 09:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yellowknife--Is that in Canada? I think that's where that tv show I posted was filmed.

Yeah the non tax paying boat people are a big issue for debate in Yellowknife lol. When I was working at the diamond mine up north, Yellowknife was where I'd have to go to catch the company flight for my rotation at Snap Lake. I would have loved to just live there and not have to make two flights to get to work, but my girlfriend was, to understate it, not on board with the idea Tongue

Yeah, my bf doesn't want to live as a frozen lake houseboat person Laugh out load He likes the comforts of home too much Wink I grew up spending months at a time on boats and lived through crazy winters (not on a boat though Tongue) so I think that's why that style of living appeals to me. My dad was also all about doing everything yourself and not relying on anyone for anything if you don't have to--that's how I was raised and so I'm comfortable relying on myself for things. But I get that it's not for everybody. Wink
08-12-2016, 10:40 AM
September of 2009. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-12-2016, 11:25 AM
SINGAPORE

1. Clean, beautiful city
2. Responsible government
3. Low crime
4. Functioning retirement system
5. Very high education standards
6. Great food
7. Lots of pretty girls
[+] 3 users Like Warts And All's post
08-12-2016, 01:49 PM
I fell in love with the Monterey Bay/Carmel back in the 80s, and have always thought I'd like to live there. This place is available. I could deal with the views...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post