Where are the christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Where are the christians?
I'm a member of a local church. Actually I'm part of the official staff as one of the bell ringers in the team who does sunday mornings call to worship.

The church doesn't have a congregation. There is a local one which cycles down about 20 miles of countryside alternating between 4 different physical churches, but the church I'm actually part of doesn't have its own congregation unless you count the bell ringing group.

Thing is the tower master is a buddhist, 2 of the ringers are straight atheist, one is an Odinist and the rest are those sort of atheistic anglican types who are like "well I love churches and christianity and stuff, but I don't really believe that god is real"

You'd think that since I'm actually part of a church I'd meet more christians than the 10 or so 70+ year old women who show up every 4th sunday. I don't though.

I live in the buttfuck middle of nowhere too. Not even in an ultra modern city.

You jelly, Americans?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
12-08-2015, 12:33 PM
RE: Where are the christians?
A few questions come to mind...

Are there no local church schools that require a few months of church attendance before the Jocastas and Tristrams are allowed in?

Are there some more effective community spaces in the local area?

Do you live in one of those rural villages that has no local jobs and the young families have moved away?

The problem with the Murikan system is privatisation ... by separating church and state they allowed natural Darwinian forces to reign. Civilised countries understand that progress towards stagnation is made by nationalisation, assimilation and domestication as the best way to control / kill innovation and diversity.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-08-2015, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 02:10 PM by TheInquisition.)
(12-08-2015 12:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  A few questions come to mind...

Are there no local church schools that require a few months of church attendance before the Jocastas and Tristrams are allowed in?

Are there some more effective community spaces in the local area?

Do you live in one of those rural villages that has no local jobs and the young families have moved away?

The problem with the Murikan system is privatisation ... by separating church and state they allowed natural Darwinian forces to reign. Civilised countries understand that progress towards stagnation is made by nationalisation, assimilation and domestication as the best way to control / kill innovation and diversity.

Drinking Beverage

They did more than that, they moved religions to an area of special status where they don't have to pay taxes or report their income, they are unaccountable and untaxable. Weeping

Every charlatan with a bible can enjoy this special status.

[Image: joel_osteen-false_prophet.jpg]

[Image: joyce-meyer.jpg]

[Image: main_graham.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
13-08-2015, 02:56 AM
Where are the Christians on this website?

Q has regular sabbaticals.

Alla tries hard, but she ain't the sharpest tool in the toolbox. Come to think of it, neither is Q.

There are millions of Christians in the good old USA, yet they are too gutless to show their faces on this magnificent forum. Some of them must be half intelligent, and you would think willing to stand up for what they believe in, yet the channels of discourse are 98% one way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2015, 03:25 AM
^^ Don't say shit like that, we'll get another Blowjob Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-08-2015, 03:48 AM
Who the hell cares???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-08-2015, 05:16 AM
(13-08-2015 02:56 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Where are the Christians on this website?

Alla tries hard, but she ain't the sharpest tool in the toolbox. Come to think of it, neither is Q.

There are millions of Christians in the good old USA, yet they are too gutless to show their faces on this magnificent forum. Some of them must be half intelligent, and you would think willing to stand up for what they believe in, yet the channels of discourse are 98% one way.

Jeeze, been here three years and don't even get an insult. Sad

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
13-08-2015, 06:28 AM
(13-08-2015 03:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Don't say shit like that, we'll get another Blowjob Dodgy

That marks the first time that phrase was ever used as a warning.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
13-08-2015, 07:44 AM
(13-08-2015 06:28 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 03:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Don't say shit like that, we'll get another Blowjob Dodgy

That marks the first time that phrase was ever used as a warning.

Laugh out load I only notice now that you point it out...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-08-2015, 08:26 AM
(13-08-2015 05:16 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 02:56 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Where are the Christians on this website?

Jeeze, been here three years and don't even get an insult. Sad

I'm quite sure I've insulted you in the past, so there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post