Where are you from? The TTA Map

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-03-2010, 11:36 AM
RE: Where are you from? The TTA Map
(17-03-2010 06:26 AM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  I think Chretien was my favorite (the situation with the photographer was CLASSIC), also because he modeled his political philosophy after Trudeau who, I think, still goes down as the BEST PM Canada has ever had.

Well, Jean was Trudeau's Minister of Justice, right? And I really like Trudeau but there have been some really good Prime Ministers... As a humanitarian he and Pearson are great... But for wartime I don't think we could have done better than William Lyon Mackenzie... And Diefenbaker was the one who keep Nukes out of Canada under tremendous American pressure...

We've had a lot of good leaders... Where are they all now? Sad

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2010, 09:11 AM

Ugh... I must be missing something because it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm in College Station, TX Nahuel, not sure if it shows up for you.
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2010, 09:20 AM

(16-03-2010 01:05 PM)Nahuel Wrote:  I made a map so we can mark our locations Smile

[Image: egzvd1.jpg]

Click on the map to go. Then click "edit" and click on the blue pin to add a new location. Click "Done" when done Tongue
Unfortunately, it seems to work only if you have a google account. But I'm guessing most of us do.

feels lonely down there...

Prescott, AZ
20-03-2010, 03:44 PM

I'm having a problem with the map, but I am from Spokane, Washington and Allentown, Pennsylvania
20-03-2010, 09:49 PM

I'm from Hammond & Bloomington, Indiana.
22-03-2010, 03:44 PM

Hi, I`m Aleksandra from Poland Smile In my country allmost 90% people believe in "God"... isn`t horrible??? ;P
22-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Well, most countries are predominantly theist. It's depressing, but there's not much you can do about it. :/

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2010, 04:33 PM
(22-03-2010 03:44 PM)beyond__me Wrote:  Hi, I`m Aleksandra from Poland Smile In my country allmost 90% people believe in "God"... isn`t horrible??? ;P

I was in Poland last November through expedition with my school. I felt more religiously freedom there than I feel in Israel.
We have met with Polish youth during the week we have been there, and when I asked one of the Polish kids there about the issue of religion with state in Poland (because I already knew Poland is mostly Catholic), he said that he doesn't care so much about it.
I have no problem with people who believe in god, this is their problem. the real problem for me starts when the people who believe in god is trying to force their believe on me.
22-03-2010, 06:56 PM

I was in Poland last November through expedition with my school. I felt more religiously freedom there than I feel in Israel.
We have met with Polish youth during the week we have been there, and when I asked one of the Polish kids there about the issue of religion with state in Poland (because I already knew Poland is mostly Catholic), he said that he doesn't care so much about it.
I have no problem with people who believe in god, this is their problem. the real problem for me starts when the people who believe in god is trying to force their believe on me.
[/quote]

Neither do I. Maybe that faith makes them better people. I meant that it`s horrible that so many people believe in something they can`t even explain.. In fact, they all say that they believe and that`s it. Most of those people are going to church only on Easter or Christmas, they don`t practise their christianism, they read Bible only in school (if they really do..). And if u ask them simply question about their faith, mostly they don`t know the answer. They are raised in catholic way and they never even wondered if there is another option. Moreover, they often thinks u are worse person just because u don`t believe. They don`t understand it and trying to improve their rights.
Don`t get me wrong, I don`t hate them. I just like ask them a questions to find out what makes them believe.
Believe me, I`ve had a lot of arguments with that kind of people.... but in the end it was just a waist of time.
Probably they were kind for u because u r foreign, and it would`t be kind to argue with u....
26-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Bumps.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett