Where are you from? v3

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-10-2015, 02:39 PM
RE: Where are you from? v3
I was born in Sacramento California we lived in Tahoe though which was about two hours away. My mom wanted me to be born in California since I would have been the fourth generation in my family to be born in California so she registered at the Sacramento hospital maternity ward. The hospital in Tahoe was on the Nevada side of the lake.

Anyway, my father forgot to keep gas in the car (he was always absent minded) and sure enough my mother went into labor in the middle of the night. There were no gas stations open at that hour of the night and the car ran out of gas so my brothers got out and pushed the car up Donner Pass while my dad steered. When they hit the top of Donner Pass my dad put the car in neutral and coasted for an hour down the through the Sierra Mountains while my mother was in labor. They finally found a gas station open at 3:00 in the morning. My mother wasn't too happy at this point. Pretty pissed actually. They finally pulled into the hospital parking lot and rushed my mom in. I was born in the hospital hallway.

Crazy mixed up nutso family.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-10-2015, 09:14 PM
(10-10-2015 02:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was born in Sacramento California we lived in Tahoe though which was about two hours away. My mom wanted me to be born in California since I would have been the fourth generation in my family to be born in California so she registered at the Sacramento hospital maternity ward. The hospital in Tahoe was on the Nevada side of the lake.

Anyway, my father forgot to keep gas in the car (he was always absent minded) and sure enough my mother went into labor in the middle of the night. There were no gas stations open at that hour of the night and the car ran out of gas so my brothers got out and pushed the car up Donner Pass while my dad steered. When they hit the top of Donner Pass my dad put the car in neutral and coasted for an hour down the through the Sierra Mountains while my mother was in labor. They finally found a gas station open at 3:00 in the morning. My mother wasn't too happy at this point. Pretty pissed actually. They finally pulled into the hospital parking lot and rushed my mom in. I was born in the hospital hallway.

Crazy mixed up nutso family.

Be glad that they weren't atheists, and that there was no snow in the pass... Gasp
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
22-11-2015, 04:07 PM
(08-09-2015 07:17 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  I live in rural Somerset in the UK.........where men are men and sheep run scared.

I live in Cwmbran, Wales in the UK. Our sheep are well loved not scared Wink try giving them a cwtch.
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
22-11-2015, 04:11 PM
(15-08-2015 11:39 AM)julep Wrote:  I live just south of Boston.

There are quite a few of us in New England. I think a get-together is in order. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2015, 04:18 PM
California, in San Joaquin County. Won't say exactly where though. Big Grin

29-11-2015, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2015 03:34 PM by Loom.)
Hendricks County, Indiana, USA! Lots of religious people here.

Needs more mountains. And trees. And an ocean...I miss Alaska :c

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
29-11-2015, 03:39 PM
(29-11-2015 03:29 PM)Loom Wrote:  Hendricks County, Indiana, USA! Lots of religious people here.

Where in AK?? I lived in Anchorage and Kodiak in 79-81...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-11-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm in Northern Cali, about an hour from San Francisco in Pleasantville, CA (Not the actual Pleasantville, but it's like that fricken' movie--ugh hate it!). Soon to be moving to MA (as a stopping point) and then on to Portland, Maine.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
29-11-2015, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2015 05:04 PM by Loom.)
(29-11-2015 03:39 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 03:29 PM)Loom Wrote:  Hendricks County, Indiana, USA! Lots of religious people here.

Where in AK?? I lived in Anchorage and Kodiak in 79-81...

Kodiak, 2006-2010! We were Coasties. Best place I've ever lived, though I don't really miss running out of milk and having to wait 2-3 extra months for movie releases. Was still great! I aim to visit there sometime, probably during Crab Fest.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
29-11-2015, 06:52 PM
(29-11-2015 04:54 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 03:39 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Where in AK?? I lived in Anchorage and Kodiak in 79-81...

Kodiak, 2006-2010! We were Coasties. Best place I've ever lived, though I don't really miss running out of milk and having to wait 2-3 extra months for movie releases. Was still great! I aim to visit there sometime, probably during Crab Fest.

Semper Paratus......

I was stationed at NOJ --- The COGARD COMMSTA there - then at NMC -- San Francisco (Marin County).....

An obsolete me --- a radioman.... A rate that no longer exists......

Hell -- we had beards back then -- and smoked reefer....

Big Grin

(the old guard...)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.