Where are you from? v3

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-02-2016, 05:32 PM
RE: Where are you from? v3
(10-07-2013 06:48 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The forum has a usermap which is linked in the black bar at the bottom of the page or here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/usermap.php

Just enter your address to the level of precision you are ok with, search and hit ok when you are happy.

Don't find no OK to hit!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2016, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 10:04 PM by carol.)
(01-02-2016 05:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  Forgive a curious man, but I think you mentioned earlier that you had found your love, where is the bugger? You said *you* did all the farming and house building? That's impressive Smile
Yes, my husband has lived 'away' for many, many years, (Mainers call any out-of-state experience " from-away" ) I am the farmer/builder. Initally,years ago I taught locally and he had a job here in Maine, but when his job was eliminated and he had a really great offer in Washington DC, we decided that he would work out of state for a year-that was many, many years ago. Too many years ago. But, the series of jobs he has had were great, he really wanted them, I loved my work here, we needed me here to get stuff done, and we both have the ability to travel many different places- i visited him and he came to visit me as often as we are both able to.

We always rent a tiny apartment in the middle of a new city and then we explore it-at the moment he lives in Nevada- he has been there for about two months, give or take. Nevada is fun, I stayed three weeks in December. I explored the desert there and also met a white coyote pup, which I mistook for a young dog. Fortunately for the young thing we were both unafraid and confused and enjoyed each other with no harm to each of us.,,it was the ugliest dog I had ever seen, I felt sorry for it till I realzed my mistake...but before that had fed it a snack and bonded with it...hahaha, I thought it was lost and needed saving...the picture I posted was during my visit there...

It works for us. Sort of like being married to a military man. We are both independent and loyal and adventurous. I like building stuff and keeping home and hearth. I just added on a sunroom and deck last year, built two beehives and did a lot of summer work here. I also teach at the local school, paint and sculpt and occasionaly exhibit in a gallery.
We talk on the phone nightly, both like being together so much more-but we make it work. When it does not work we will do somehting else. Lately I have had a desire to simplify-so we may do something else. We own this little bit of land and home free and clear-it would be difficut to leave that, but who knows what we may do next...it all depends on what changes we make. We are a lucky match- neither one of us is really bossy or in charge, (equally strong willed) we just both pitch in and adjust when we need to. It helps that we are both introverts-both OK with alone time, both geeky/science/timeywimey/musical/outdoorsy/dry humory/ kinds of people who do OK with this sort of life, both good to go at a moments notice, both good planners. We can accomplish a great deal in a few weeks. I adore him. I am adored by him. We also fight like fierce beasts on occasion...we are both fierce people who make up in amazing ways too....I am OK with it.Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
31-03-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm from Russia, my mother is from Belarus, my dad was also born in Belarus, but he's of Russian, Polish and Khakas descent.
[+] 1 user Likes Anka's post
29-04-2016, 04:26 PM

A little town called Acton, California.
About 60 miles north from Los Angeles.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2016, 05:13 PM
New York
29-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Originally Orange County (as in "the OC", although nobody really calls it that non-ironically) but now living in Los Angeles.
[+] 1 user Likes debna27's post
29-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Mannheim, Germany.

The car was invented there.
Oh, and we speak Pennsylvanian dutch. Big Grin

[Image: studios-mannheim-header-02.jpg?itok=m_ff3kKC]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
30-04-2016, 01:40 AM
Holt, MI

This is a small park area down the street from where I live.
[Image: 635823366077526494406792011_park.jpg]

This is our High School

[Image: 13128884.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
16-05-2016, 04:49 AM
Valros, France
28-06-2016, 09:32 AM
More than 6 decades ago, I was born in Aleppo city (Syria) and I lived in since then (most of the time).

I am writing now from it. But please don't worry... or panic Wink And I don't know how to say it. I am afraid that whatever the world is allowed to see on TV and/or internet is something... while the reality (on the ground) is something else.

Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.