RE: Where are you from? v3
Earth.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
07-07-2017, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 09:08 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
I am GRITS through and through.
Girl
raised
in
the
south.

Because I speak with a southern drawl I sometimes find myself being viewed by some non born and raised southerners as uneducated. Despite a Bachelor's degree from a respected private college. In the south. Cum Laude. First impressions, ya'll. I get it. But trust me, we ain't all like Ernest T. Bass and Jethro Clampett.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
07-07-2017, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 11:48 PM by Aliza.)
(13-04-2017 04:25 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Earth.

Hey, me too! Do you know Edna Miller? She has a son who works at some hardware store or something. Maybe it was a grocery store. Do you know her? She's also from Earth.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
17-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Sad RE: Where are you from? v3
Wow, only eight people from Alabama (including me)

How incredibly sad, but par for the course.
[+] 2 users Like aloneinalabama's post
17-07-2017, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2017 01:10 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
There may be more from Alabama here. Many of us leave our location in our profiles as "undisclosed." I mention my state from time to time but I have a (hopefully irrational) fear of burning crosses on my lawn that keeps me from zeroing in any closer than that. So far. I have a great admiration for those here who are open about their whereabouts and even show pictures of themselves. Maybe I'll get there someday.

And by the way, Aliza, I know Edna Miller's stylist's husband's cousin. Small world huh?

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
17-07-2017, 01:03 PM
(17-07-2017 12:57 PM)aloneinalabama Wrote:  Wow, only eight people from Alabama (including me)

How incredibly sad, but par for the course.

Some of those Alabama people are our favourites. Well, at least one that I can think of...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-07-2017, 01:07 PM
I look forward to meeting them. Mega churches have taken over our state!
17-07-2017, 01:12 PM
I am in NC and thought my area was excessive until I went on vacation in our mountains. Beautiful scenery but too many times we rounded a curve to be greeted by GIANT crosses littering the view.

17-07-2017, 01:34 PM
(17-07-2017 01:12 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I am in NC and thought my area was excessive until I went on vacation in our mountains. Beautiful scenery but too many times we rounded a curve to be greeted by GIANT crosses littering the view.

Them country folks likes to be prepared in case Jesus comes knockin' again...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.