Where can I download the mp3 files of the podcast other than itunes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 09:36 PM
RE: Where can I download the mp3 files of the podcast other than itunes?
(31-03-2014 09:31 PM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  the download links don't acutally let me download the mvp to my computer, they just bring up a player and run the audio.

right mouse>save link as
on the "download episode"

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2014, 09:59 PM
(31-03-2014 09:34 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 09:27 PM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  I am using ubuntu, and I hate it lol
Thanks for the help!

no problem!
Also,you hate ubuntu? Why? Then why not switch back to (whatever previous OS)

My computer is really old, I bought it in 2004, it no longer runs well enough to use the old OS. It was either trash it or switch it to ubuntu.
31-03-2014, 10:01 PM
awesome, that worked, thanks a lot. I will have to wait and see if it works on my mp3 player when it comes in the mail tomorrow, but for now I am hopeful...you could almost say I have faith it will work...or not
31-03-2014, 10:14 PM
(31-03-2014 09:59 PM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 09:34 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  no problem!
Also,you hate ubuntu? Why? Then why not switch back to (whatever previous OS)

My computer is really old, I bought it in 2004, it no longer runs well enough to use the old OS. It was either trash it or switch it to ubuntu.

this is a really bad idea. Ubuntu is extremely slow compared to some distros.
Try puppy linux (you will need to get used to it lol,it has different programs)
with just 100 mb using on your hard disk,it is lightweight(minus save file)
it runs smooth on 128 mb ram (personal experience)

or slitaz (but don't ask me how to save stuff there lol)

or DSL (this is ectremely barebones. Just 50 mb small,can run from almost anything old,but has essentials like a word proccessor,browser,email client and stuff)
shitty graphics tho

also,instead of ubuntu,you could use Xubuntu or another ubuntu derative that uses less resources. Or just stop using ubuntu deratives because they suck.
Try anything debian based.

I have run all these (exept the ubuntu and deratives) on a pc bought in '02. In comparison,ubuntu is slower on my "modern" computer than any on the above on my ancient pc

31-03-2014, 10:20 PM
(31-03-2014 10:01 PM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  awesome, that worked, thanks a lot. I will have to wait and see if it works on my mp3 player when it comes in the mail tomorrow, but for now I am hopeful...you could almost say I have faith it will work...or not

you better have faith,son. Because if you don't,it will fail. Have faith in me and all will come ok.

Also,if you have an extremely shitty connection, you should copy the link of the mp3 file ,open terminal,type
wget (paste link)
if a download fails this way,you can cancel your ISP and get a better one.

If you want your file faster,you should get prozilla(no,apt-get install prozilla won't work).
Works for slow and fast connections,but it must be stable.
It makes 4 connections simultaniously and downloads the file faster. I've seen speeds upto 50 kb/s with my mobile phone as modem. Imagine using dls....

Ok now im just rambling....

31-03-2014, 10:23 PM
I doubt I will change this computer, because I works for what I really want it for; Downloading and storing music, watching youtube, and skimming through reddit. But if this makes me rage any harder than it already does I will look into some of the others.
31-03-2014, 10:24 PM
(31-03-2014 10:20 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 10:01 PM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  awesome, that worked, thanks a lot. I will have to wait and see if it works on my mp3 player when it comes in the mail tomorrow, but for now I am hopeful...you could almost say I have faith it will work...or not

you better have faith,son. Because if you don't,it will fail. Have faith in me and all will come ok.

Also,if you have an extremely shitty connection, you should copy the link of the mp3 file ,open terminal,type
wget (paste link)
if a download fails this way,you can cancel your ISP and get a better one.

If you want your file faster,you should get prozilla(no,apt-get install prozilla won't work).
Works for slow and fast connections,but it must be stable.
It makes 4 connections simultaniously and downloads the file faster. I've seen speeds upto 50 kb/s with my mobile phone as modem. Imagine using dls....

Ok now im just rambling....

It was just an audio file, so it downloaded fairly quickly, though if I wasn't under contract, I would probably go for a different ISP.
31-03-2014, 10:30 PM

(31-03-2014 10:23 PM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  I doubt I will change this computer, because I works for what I really want it for; Downloading and storing music, watching youtube, and skimming through reddit. But if this makes me rage any harder than it already does I will look into some of the others.

ok. If you change your mind
DSL(get the iso file )
http://distro.ibiblio.org/damnsmall/archive/

puppylinux
http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20La...elease.htm

slitaz
http://www.slitaz.org/en/get/

just test them out on a bootable usb.

31-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Ok,have a fine evening. I need to sleep,it's like 1.30 here