Where can I find groups of Atheists to hang out with or just Atheists in general?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Where can I find groups of Atheists to hang out with or just Atheists in general?
(03-10-2016 06:07 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 05:22 AM)Cumulus Wrote:  But I was wondering where I could find like-minded people.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) you'll seldom find any preponderance of atheist "groups" simply because that sort of religious-type-function doesn't appeal to the average atheist. I've never once attended any sort of gathering of atheists in my life.

Hi,

Me too. WTF is going on? As soon as there is 'spiritual' in the title a congregation turns up, but atheists stay home. Can't non believers hang out somewhere?

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2016, 05:05 PM
RE: Where can I find groups of Atheists to hang out with or just Atheists in general?
If there isn't anything of that kind there, you could start something yourself. Put a few flyers up, in the library and such places. Maybe make a group on facebook to organize stuff etc... Dunno.
That is what I did for a while (and once I move will do again) because I do like that sense of community and knowing that people have your back even as an atheist.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
05-10-2016, 10:34 PM
(03-10-2016 05:22 AM)Cumulus Wrote:  Where can I find groups of Atheists to hang out with or just Atheists in general?

At pretty much any mainline religious divinity school or religion department.
Quite a few people who've taken the trouble to study things couldn't possibly take it seriously.

Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.