Where do Jovies rights stop and mine start?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2016 09:32 AM by god has no twitter account.)
Where do Jovies rights stop and mine start?
I posted here some time ago but stopped for various reason. I'm now back to post about one topic in particular.

I've posted it in this particular part of the forum because it seemed the most appropriate. If Mods feel that it is better moved to a different part of the forum, then I'm fine with that.

Religtards think that they have the right to extol the virtues of their particular form of religtardology in any public space that they wish to avail themselves of. I make no apologies for referring to them as religtards and their belief system as religtardology, by the way. If they feel that they have the right to disrespect the Human Race by inflicting their particular brand of un-provable, evil stupidity on it, then I reserve the right to oppose their views.

On Saturday, I was wandering through town when I was handed a copy of the watchtower. Yes, I'm aware that watchtower should be capitalised but it is not deserving of such. I challenged the two jovies to prove that god existed. They always hunt in pairs, don't they. They pointed to the babble. I pointed out that it was a circular argument. Then, I had to explain what a circular argument was, dohWeeping. They then pointed to some trees and intimated that god had created themLaughat. "So", I said, "you don't believe in evolution?" I then asked them if they had even read a science book? They responded by telling me what jesus supposedly said. I challenged them to prove that jesus existed. At this point, the senior jovie of the two told me that if I didn't leave, he would call the Police. I pointed out that this was a public space and that I was exercising my right to freedom of speech - just like they were. I also wish to point out that I had not raised my voice, nor had I invaded their personal space, nor had I sworn, nor had I gesticulated in a threatening manner and had deliberately kept my hands in my pockets. I'd been neither insulting nor threatening. On this basis, calling the Police was fine with me because CCTV would prove me right. Basically, I'd been polite but firm in my challenge of their belief system.

Although the Police were polite, they were also firm with me and asked me to vacate the area and wouldn't take no for an answer. I asked why they were allowing one group freedom of speech but were restricting my freedom? Again, they asked me to move on.

I'd be interested to hear the views of this forum.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like god has no twitter account's post
28-02-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: Where do Jovies rights stop and mine start?
You were perfectly within your rights.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-02-2016, 11:25 AM
What are you, a fucking immigrant? Laugh out load

This is a Christian country, by gosh, by darn... you rebel you. Angel

Democracy, man; two Christians and an atheist voting for public expression. Undecided

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Religitardology! Laugh out load

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
28-02-2016, 12:47 PM
(28-02-2016 11:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What are you, a fucking immigrant? Laugh out load

This is a Christian country, by gosh, by darn... you rebel you. Angel

Democracy, man; two Christians and an atheist voting for public expression. Undecided

Right, so basically, what you are saying is that two batcrap crazy jovies can say what they want because they are christards and this is a christard country (which it isn't, btw) and I can't because - well - just because.

Ah, now that you've made it all clear, I fully understand.Bowing

I don't understand why I didn't understand. Silly me.

Thank you so much for this explanation.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
28-02-2016, 01:03 PM
(28-02-2016 12:33 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Religitardology! Laugh out load

I'm glad that the term gave you some pleasure. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
28-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Based on your story I think the police was wrong in asking you to move along.

I second religitardology as my favorite new word!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
28-02-2016, 01:18 PM
(28-02-2016 01:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Based on your story I think the police was wrong in asking you to move along.

I second religitardology as my favorite new word!

I'm glad that you liked religtardology but I can't claim it as my own. That said, I've no idea where the term came from.

I've decided to write to the Chief Constable for an explanation and clarification. I may even talk to the press. I challenge christards whenever they decide to pontificate in a public place. If it happens again, I want a letter from the Chief Constable so that I know what my rights are, and, if necessary, show it to the local plod, lest they try and detain me at Her Majesty's pleasure.

28-02-2016, 01:58 PM
It probably just comes down to the fact that that particular cop sided more with their ideals than yours.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
28-02-2016, 02:00 PM
The police were in the wrong, I wish you had fought that harder.

But awesome challenging the jovies man. Well done Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post