Where do you get your news?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2014, 01:34 PM
RE: Where do you get your news?
Twitter does seem to get a bad name. Depends on how you use it and who you follow.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
27-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Where do you get your news?
/r/worldnews is my major go to place, since it contains multiple sourses.
29-10-2014, 10:16 AM
All I can say is that Palin got nothin on me. Not only do I read all of the newspapers but I watch all the news on TV and radio and I read the complete Internet.
Yes that's right I watch the news on the radio. I'm that informed.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
29-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Oh also... I have the NPR on all the time in the background of my day - in house and car.
It's national plus local public radio - Mon through Fri from 9 to 3 it's local classical music for 54 minutes with 6 minutes of national news at the top of the hour then, it switches to all national with news and All Things Considered (ATC) - great news and interesting articles. We used to have Fresh Air - loved that show. On weekends it's a smattering of national news and shows then, switches at noon to local shows until around 3 or 4 for Weekend Edition ATC - our Sat local fare is jazz and Sun is hillbilly folk/bluegrass.

I like public radio; it eventually gets around to telling me more of the shit I've been hearing about. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Al Jazeera America. Only damn place to get unbiased news reporting.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
29-10-2014, 06:06 PM
(29-10-2014 10:16 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  All I can say is that Palin got nothin on me. Not only do I read all of the newspapers but I watch all the news on TV and radio and I read the complete Internet.

So then I can just trust you to send me important updates? Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Before I say this I just want to say flame me back I don't mind, but I will flame alot of you here.

Al Jazeera America. Really? Bashing Palin/Fox? Come on you pepole are you all 9/11 truthers. News is made to fit the narrative. That narrative is often complete bullshit. PM me why would you listen to the voices that enforce an ideology being that right wingers are nuts/racists/slaver responsible for poor people getting stomped. This is an obvious political play don't be naive. I won't go on PM me I get sick of the amount of disinformation in the news. I cringed listening to news like cnn that gave the Ferguson bullshit politic spin line (and I'm in Australia!), man made climate change, or some other PC prima donna crap. Give me Fox, Rush, Drudge any day. I hate spin.
30-10-2014, 08:34 AM
(29-10-2014 06:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 10:16 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  All I can say is that Palin got nothin on me. Not only do I read all of the newspapers but I watch all the news on TV and radio and I read the complete Internet.

So then I can just trust you to send me important updates? Tongue

Since Palin can see Russia from her kitchen window, I know when dem Ruskies get ready to come and git us, she will be our first advanced warning. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-10-2014, 08:36 AM
I rely on The Economist, WSJ and NPR.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
30-10-2014, 08:37 AM
(30-10-2014 08:26 AM)MadDog Wrote:  Before I say this I just want to say flame me back I don't mind, but I will flame alot of you here.

Al Jazeera America. Really? Bashing Palin/Fox? Come on you pepole are you all 9/11 truthers. News is made to fit the narrative. That narrative is often complete bullshit. PM me why would you listen to the voices that enforce an ideology being that right wingers are nuts/racists/slaver responsible for poor people getting stomped. This is an obvious political play don't be naive. I won't go on PM me I get sick of the amount of disinformation in the news. I cringed listening to news like cnn that gave the Ferguson bullshit politic spin line (and I'm in Australia!), man made climate change, or some other PC prima donna crap. Give me Fox, Rush, Drudge any day. I hate spin.

Because Fox, Rush Drudge don't spin? I hope your rant was satire. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post