Where do you get your news?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2014, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2014 08:43 AM by MadDog.)
RE: Where do you get your news?
Bucky Bell This is what I mean! Palin did not say that. http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/russia.asp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2014, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2014 08:51 AM by MadDog.)
(30-10-2014 08:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-10-2014 08:26 AM)MadDog Wrote:  Before I say this I just want to say flame me back I don't mind, but I will flame alot of you here.

Al Jazeera America. Really? Bashing Palin/Fox? Come on you pepole are you all 9/11 truthers. News is made to fit the narrative. That narrative is often complete bullshit. PM me why would you listen to the voices that enforce an ideology being that right wingers are nuts/racists/slaver responsible for poor people getting stomped. This is an obvious political play don't be naive. I won't go on PM me I get sick of the amount of disinformation in the news. I cringed listening to news like cnn that gave the Ferguson bullshit politic spin line (and I'm in Australia!), man made climate change, or some other PC prima donna crap. Give me Fox, Rush, Drudge any day. I hate spin.

Because Fox, Rush Drudge don't spin? I hope your rant was satire. Drinking Beverage

Actually they don't spin ie. they don't tend to lie for the greater good. (edit: what I mean is people who spin will act dishonestly in order to serve what they see as a greater purpose)
30-10-2014, 08:50 AM
(30-10-2014 08:40 AM)MadDog Wrote:  
(30-10-2014 08:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because Fox, Rush Drudge don't spin? I hope your rant was satire. Drinking Beverage

Actually they don't spin ie. they don't tend to lie for the greater good. (edit: what I mean is people will act dishonestly in order to serve what they see as a greater purpose)

No, they do spin and tend to lie for their own good.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
30-10-2014, 09:00 AM
(30-10-2014 08:38 AM)MadDog Wrote:  Bucky Bell This is what I mean! Palin did not say that. http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/russia.asp

You talkin' ta ME ? You talkin' TA' ME ?
Don't confuse me with the facts.
Rolleyes

Bucky BELL.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-10-2014, 09:20 AM
At the end of the day Palin is irrelevent to this discussion. Painting up people and bashing the cowboy brand was in vogue in the bush era and it help give Americans Obama. Obama, Reid, Holder, Hillary, they are determining policy now and possible policies into the future. This is Aristocrats vs the every man is what is up for grabs in the US. There is only so much opportunity and when you intentionally restrict people like the Democrat party has done look what happens. You are going great over there right? Chas do you actually listen to Rush, watch Fox? I come from all angles. And Ferguson IS a lie, a simple to spot narrative, a coverup of facts to support it. Rush called it, especially he called Obama. Obama is 10x worse than Nixon and theres no 'watergate' in the media but from FOX. My good old aussie bullshit meter overloads when I read American media. It started for me with the Syria war red line what a f up. Future generations will look at America with Shame for throwing away their freedom.
30-10-2014, 09:27 AM
(30-10-2014 09:20 AM)MadDog Wrote:  At the end of the day Palin is irrelevent to this discussion. Painting up people and bashing the cowboy brand was in vogue in the bush era and it help give Americans Obama. Obama, Reid, Holder, Hillary, they are determining policy now and possible policies into the future. This is Aristocrats vs the every man is what is up for grabs in the US. There is only so much opportunity and when you intentionally restrict people like the Democrat party has done look what happens. You are going great over there right? Chas do you actually listen to Rush, watch Fox? I come from all angles. And Ferguson IS a lie, a simple to spot narrative, a coverup of facts to support it. Rush called it, especially he called Obama. Obama is 10x worse than Nixon and theres no 'watergate' in the media but from FOX. My good old aussie bullshit meter overloads when I read American media. It started for me with the Syria war red line what a f up. Future generations will look at America with Shame for throwing away their freedom.

Yup Faux Noise is really good source of (mis)information, such as in studies the watchers of Faux Noise scored worse than people who watched NO NEWS AT ALL! Think about that for a minute.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-10-2014, 09:29 AM
(30-10-2014 09:27 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yup Faux Noise is really good source of (mis)information, such as in studies the watchers of Faux Noise scored worse than people who watched NO NEWS AT ALL! Think about that for a minute.

Quiet.
You threw away your freedom. You just don't know it. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-10-2014, 09:37 AM
(30-10-2014 09:20 AM)MadDog Wrote:  Chas do you actually listen to Rush, watch Fox? I come from all angles.

I listen to all the sources and determine who is credible from the concordance with reality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2014, 09:56 AM
I take two opposing viewpoints and assume they're both full of shit and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
30-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Call me a Luddite, but I get almost all of my news from the local newspaper (Wisconsin State Journal). I also go to a local news website (Channel 3000) every day, but mostly to check the weather forecast (I have their weather page bookmarked). Every now and then I will look at their news page, but I mostly just read the paper, like the good old days.