Where does a clone's soul come from?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2012, 03:09 PM
RE: Where does a clone's soul come from?
Zat, can you explain to me the process of cloning?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 03:12 PM
(26-01-2012 03:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Zat, can you explain to me the process of cloning?

KC, I think BeardedDude would do a much better job. I am a Physicist, not a Biologist.
26-01-2012, 03:18 PM
(26-01-2012 03:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Zat, can you explain to me the process of cloning?

Take cells from donor. Extract DNA. Set aside.
Take fertilized egg of same species. Remove DNA, discard.
Insert extracted DNA from donor. Implant egg into suitable uterus. Gestate appropriate (species-specific) amount of time. Give birth to clone.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2012, 03:18 PM
(26-01-2012 03:12 PM)Zat Wrote:  

KC, I think BeardedDude would do a much better job. I am a Physicist, not a Biologist.

Cool, thanks though.

26-01-2012, 03:24 PM

I'm not zat but I'll give it a go.

Basically whoever is making the clone removes the nucleus from an egg cell and replaces it with the nucleus from a cell from a donor (the subject being cloned).

The donor cell will be diploid(contains a full set of chromosomes).

The egg will then be implanted in the uterus of 'the mother'. This is probably done with several embryos to increase the chances of one of the embryos fully developing.

If this is successful then the mother should give birth to offspring genetically identical to the donor of the DNA.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
26-01-2012, 03:27 PM
(26-01-2012 02:42 PM)Zat Wrote:  If a clone can have a soul of his own -- would it make him my soul-mate? Big Grin

Ha! - Soul-Mates! They should call them that instead of clones! It's more organic. Big Grin
I don't think the question of soul would have anything to do with whether or not humans should be cloned. From what I've seen of cloned animals, they have medical issues and a shorter life span than their originator animal. I don't think I'd put a human through that at this time.

A soul seems to be a preposterous notion to me. I'm not certain what part of a human's DNA would contain the defining thing called "soul" - I would think it to be something in the brain. Since they have detected neurological issues in some cloned animals, that would be the stopping place for me. It would be deliberately causing brain damage to someone. I don't know much, but I do know not to screw with the brain if you don't know what you're doing.

No precedents have been set for cloning a human - that we know of. Survival to birth is a bit of a crap shoot for the animals we have cloned, in light of that, human cloning is just not feasible, yet.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-01-2012, 03:31 PM
According to Hogan (who researches his books meticulously for scientific feasibility) if the information from the human genome sequencing is stored in a computer, you don't need human cells to clone a human being.

So my question still stands: how does the soul get into the clone created without any human cell being used in the process?

Straight factory-floor assembly-line production.

What would god think about it?
26-01-2012, 03:33 PM
(26-01-2012 03:31 PM)Zat Wrote:  According to Hogan (who researches his books meticulously for scientific feasibility) if the information from the human genome sequencing is stored in a computer, you don't need human cells to clone a human being.

So my question still stands: how does the soul get into the clone created without any human cell being used in the process?

Wouldn't that sequence require far more data capacity than any bank of computers could provide?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-01-2012, 03:36 PM
(26-01-2012 03:33 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 03:31 PM)Zat Wrote:  According to Hogan (who researches his books meticulously for scientific feasibility) if the information from the human genome sequencing is stored in a computer, you don't need human cells to clone a human being.

Wouldn't that sequence require far more data capacity than any bank of computers could provide?

No. It's a lot of information, but only few terabytes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2012, 03:37 PM
(26-01-2012 03:24 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

I'm not zat but I'll give it a go.

Basically whoever is making the clone removes the nucleus from an egg cell and replaces it with the nucleus from a cell from a donor (the subject being cloned).

The donor cell will be diploid(contains a full set of chromosomes).

The egg will then be implanted in the uterus of 'the mother'. This is probably done with several embryos to increase the chances of one of the embryos fully developing.

If this is successful then the mother should give birth to offspring genetically identical to the donor of the DNA.

So, essentially you're mimicking sexual reproduction; however, the offspring has the exact same DNA as the donor. Yeah, sorry... still not seeing how this isn't mimicking sexual reproduction.

I mean, yeah, same DNA and such, but that doesn't make them not human... it doesn't make them their donor. They are a new person; just with replicated DNA.

Maybe I'm dense.