Where does a clone's soul come from?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: Where does a clone's soul come from?
its worth mentioning since ageing occursin the chromosomes,
the clone will be aged the same as the doner
so a 50 year old doner will yield a 50 year old clone
thats what my highschool biology teacher told me atleast. Smile

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 03:43 PM
(26-01-2012 03:37 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  its worth mentioning since ageing occursin the chromosomes,

Not exactly. The clone will be born a baby with cells that are like 50-year old cells.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2012, 03:45 PM
(26-01-2012 03:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 03:37 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  its worth mentioning since ageing occursin the chromosomes,

Not exactly. The clone will be born a baby with cells that are like 50-year old cells.

That's horrible and inhumane IMO.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-01-2012, 03:47 PM
(26-01-2012 03:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not exactly. The clone will be born a baby with cells that are like 50-year old cells.

Yeah that's what i meant, it will be a baby but with 50 year old cells, or 51 if we count the pregnancy

(26-01-2012 03:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's horrible and inhumane IMO.

true, it was bought up during the ethical discussion of cloning.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
26-01-2012, 03:49 PM
(26-01-2012 03:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, essentially you're mimicking sexual reproduction; however, the offspring has the exact same DNA as the donor. Yeah, sorry... still not seeing how this isn't mimicking sexual reproduction.

I mean, yeah, same DNA and such, but that doesn't make them not human... it doesn't make them their donor. They are a new person; just with replicated DNA.

Maybe I'm dense.

I'd say its closer to asexual reproduction as both the egg and the DNA can come from the one donor, the donors uterus can also be implanted with the cloned embryo. so essentially it can give birth to itself (sort of).

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
26-01-2012, 03:51 PM
(26-01-2012 03:49 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 03:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, essentially you're mimicking sexual reproduction; however, the offspring has the exact same DNA as the donor. Yeah, sorry... still not seeing how this isn't mimicking sexual reproduction.

I mean, yeah, same DNA and such, but that doesn't make them not human... it doesn't make them their donor. They are a new person; just with replicated DNA.

Maybe I'm dense.

I'd say its closer to asexual reproduction as both the egg and the DNA can come from the one donor, the donors uterus can also be implanted with the cloned embryo. so essentially it can give birth to itself (sort of).

So, is it human?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-01-2012, 03:51 PM
(26-01-2012 03:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 03:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  

That's horrible and inhumane IMO.

Kinda cute though.

[Image: 3732246636_8ab427fe3c_z.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
26-01-2012, 03:54 PM
(26-01-2012 03:31 PM)Zat Wrote:  According to Hogan (who researches his books meticulously for scientific feasibility) if the information from the human genome sequencing is stored in a computer, you don't need human cells to clone a human being.

So my question still stands: how does the soul get into the clone created without any human cell being used in the process?

Straight factory-floor assembly-line production.

What would god think about it?

He's probably shake his head and just say, "Kids. Those little bastards." And then grumble off like all the other irrelevant gods.
_____

Years ago, I read a political thriller called, Joshua Son Of None by Nancy Freedman.
The story begins in 1963 .....in a Dallas hospital. A year later a baby is born and adopted into a New England, Catholic, family - the Kelloggs. They call their new son Joshua Francis Kellogg .... m'kay?
Everything is set up to mirror the life of "you know who" ... and shit happens.

Pretty interesting story. Kind of simplistic as well, but it was written in '73... only a decade after the assignation. I remember at the time, there were still "Kennedy is alive, brain dead, and living on an island" kind of things going on.

Hmm... I think I could adapt this concept into an Elvis story. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-01-2012, 03:55 PM
(26-01-2012 03:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, is it human?

If it has human DNA, human appearance then yeah.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
26-01-2012, 03:57 PM
(26-01-2012 03:55 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 03:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, is it human?

If it has human DNA, human appearance then yeah.

This. But I'd treat a gorilla like a human if it crapped in the toilet and kept it's elbows off the table.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like germanyt's post