Where does a clone's soul come from?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: Where does a clone's soul come from?
If Identical twins can share a soul then a person's clone must be able to share the soul of his DNA Father/self
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 04:39 PM
(26-01-2012 04:29 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Actually the amniotic sac is a bag of jelly. The placenta is firm and more like a liver. Tongue
This pic is from a website that offers placenta recipes. WTF is wrong with people?

Yea - that was a fad back in the day. I think many people these days just burry it to nourish the roots of a bush or tree planted for the birth of the child.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-01-2012, 04:45 PM
(26-01-2012 04:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I mean... I don't know if I can really answer that.

But, if it happens, apparently He must be cool with it.

If god would be OK with this then we are back to the original question: how would the soul get introduced into the production process?

BTW, you used a strange argument I am not used to from believers: if I understand it correctly, it means that anything that is actually allowed to happen, god is OK with?

Does this argument cover homosexuality? It certainly happens?

But I digress -- the main question is still how the soul gets into the clone?
26-01-2012, 04:50 PM
(26-01-2012 04:45 PM)Zat Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 04:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I mean... I don't know if I can really answer that.

If god would be OK with this then we are back to the original question: how would the soul get introduced into the production process?

BTW, you used a strange argument I am not used to from believers: if I understand it correctly, it means that anything that is actually allowed to happen, god is OK with?

Interesting. If it's done at conception then how do twins both have souls? Is the soul split when the egg splits? And if it comes after conception then there must be a period of time when a fetus doesn't have a soul. So why the 'life begins at conception' racket?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
26-01-2012, 04:51 PM

Yes.

God created evil and sin as well. If He didn't; He's not all powerful.

My application for God is easy and direct - God created everything; good and bad. He actively chose some for salvation and passively chose others for damnation. Who He chose and to what standard He uses is up to Him. Nothing can affect His choice; if so, He is subservient to it, thus He is not omnipotent.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-01-2012, 04:52 PM
(26-01-2012 04:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Yes.

God created evil and sin as well. If He didn't; He's not all powerful.

My application for God is easy and direct - God created everything; good and bad. He actively chose some for salvation and passively chose others for damnation. Who He chose and to what standard He uses is up to Him. Nothing can affect His choice; if so, He is subservient to it, thus He is not omnipotent.

Jakes on you. There is no god and we are all just a big coinkeydink.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
26-01-2012, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 05:23 PM by Zat.)
So, how does the soul get into a factory-produced clone, produced by using only computerized information and common chemicals?

(of course you realize that I have no idea of your definition of a soul and how it is supposed to get into naturally-born children either).

But it is the church's position on clone-with-a-soul that really interests me (sounds like soap-on-a-string doesn't it?).

As I said, the only time I raised this question with a priest, he got very angry with me for asking it.

The church MUST have some kind of a stand on this issue because, sooner or later, it will come up, just like the "Eppur Si Mouve" debacle did.

It's bad move to have to apologize centuries later.
26-01-2012, 05:02 PM
A shout out to a novel Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. Published in 2005 so it's pretty recent. A little bleak but cool book.
Jaw-dropping in fact!
I would like to tell a bit from the story, but I don't want to give any of it away. Discovery is a precious thing.
Guess you'll have to read it.... or see it...
They made it into a movie - Never Let Me Go - there's your next net flix rental, Germanyt!! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-01-2012, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 05:29 PM by germanyt.)
(26-01-2012 05:00 PM)Zat Wrote:  So, how does the soul get into a factory-produced clone, produced using only computerized information and common chemicals?

(of course you realize that I have no idea of your definition of a soul and how it is supposed to get into naturally-born children either).

But it is the church's position on clone-with-a-soul that really interests me (sounds like soap-on-a-string doesn't it?).

As I said, the only time I raised this question with a priest, he got very angry with me for asking it.

The church MUST have some kind of a stand on this issue because, sooner or later, it will come up, just like the "Eppur Si Mouve" debacle did.

It's bad move to have to apologize centuries later.

Soap-on-a-string???????

Soap-on-a-rope

(26-01-2012 05:02 PM)kim Wrote:  A shout out to a novel Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. Published in 2005 so it's pretty recent. A little bleak but cool book.
Jaw-dropping in fact!
I would like to tell a bit from the story, but I don't want to give any of it away. Discovery is a precious thing.
Guess you'll have to read it.... or see it...
They made it into a movie - Never Let Me Go - there's your next net flix rental, Germanyt!! Smile

I was looking it up on netflix before i even read the last sentence.
Big Grin

uggghh. turns out it's not the same movie. I see a 2010 movie with Kiera Knightley. Not that I'm complaining about her.

woodplow.jpg

n/m it is the right movie

I now have 91 movies in my queue.

-Mark Twain
26-01-2012, 05:11 PM
(26-01-2012 05:07 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Soap-on-a-string???????

Soap-on-a-rope

Sorry, I am a Physicist and I think a lot about strings these days (as in String-Theory). Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post