Where has GWG been?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Where has GWG been?
I have been a light presence here lately as I am retiring from the Navy after 30 years in 9 weeks, setting up for moving my household goods to my new home in TN, going to a PLETHORA of Medical appointments for my VA assessment of disability, and to spice things up I have a heavy college load this semester (doing physics course and my CAPSTONE course for my M.S. in Criminal Justice with specialization in Critical Incident Management. Partially tore my Distal tendon of left biceps Angry Also I need to find a freaking job in the Oak Ridge/Knoxville TN area really quick...no pressure. So I have been a bit overwhelmed with all of that, AND working 12-14 hour days at my Navy job...good times. Next 3-4 months will be challenging.

My apologies for lack of attention to my resource library. I have a list of things I wish to do for that, I have a stack of brand new books about 2 feet high I have yet to even open that will be research resource material for some of my planned additions to the library.

Once all the dust settles I have some big plans for some indepth research and writings for my beloved resource library that I hope some of you will enjoy reading and potentially using in debates/discussions on theology. Someday I would like to do a book, but that kind of time will probably be when I retire from this next job, one I intend to hold for at least 15 years, then retire and live off the residuals of my investments and retirement funds...sit on the backporch sipping moonshine, reading and writing about the delusional beliefs of those infected with faith. Thumbsup

Thank you all for making this a place I love to hang out when I can, and making me feel appreciated when I post my musings.

Bowing

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 21 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
27-01-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Where has GWG been?
(27-01-2016 09:51 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I have been a light presence here lately as I am retiring from the Navy after 30 years in 9 weeks, setting up for moving my household goods to my new home in TN, going to a PLETHORA of Medical appointments for my VA assessment of disability, and to spice things up I have a heavy college load this semester (doing physics course and my CAPSTONE course for my M.S. in Criminal Justice with specialization in Critical Incident Management. Partially tore my Distal tendon of left biceps Angry Also I need to find a freaking job in the Oak Ridge/Knoxville TN area really quick...no pressure. So I have been a bit overwhelmed with all of that, AND working 12-14 hour days at my Navy job...good times. Next 3-4 months will be challenging.

My apologies for lack of attention to my resource library. I have a list of things I wish to do for that, I have a stack of brand new books about 2 feet high I have yet to even open that will be research resource material for some of my planned additions to the library.

Once all the dust settles I have some big plans for some indepth research and writings for my beloved resource library that I hope some of you will enjoy reading and potentially using in debates/discussions on theology. Someday I would like to do a book, but that kind of time will probably be when I retire from this next job, one I intend to hold for at least 15 years, then retire and live off the residuals of my investments and retirement funds...sit on the backporch sipping moonshine, reading and writing about the delusional beliefs of those infected with faith. Thumbsup

Thank you all for making this a place I love to hang out when I can, and making me feel appreciated when I post my musings.

Bowing
I thought you had gotten lost in your new castle.
[+] 5 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
27-01-2016, 10:04 AM
(27-01-2016 10:02 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 09:51 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I have been a light presence here lately as I am retiring from the Navy after 30 years in 9 weeks, setting up for moving my household goods to my new home in TN, going to a PLETHORA of Medical appointments for my VA assessment of disability, and to spice things up I have a heavy college load this semester (doing physics course and my CAPSTONE course for my M.S. in Criminal Justice with specialization in Critical Incident Management. Partially tore my Distal tendon of left biceps Angry Also I need to find a freaking job in the Oak Ridge/Knoxville TN area really quick...no pressure. So I have been a bit overwhelmed with all of that, AND working 12-14 hour days at my Navy job...good times. Next 3-4 months will be challenging.

Bowing
I thought you had gotten lost in your new castle.

been building a moat Laughat

Wife is there now doing little personalization things to the house while awaiting our house hold goods move in March.

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
27-01-2016, 10:08 AM
All total bunk.
We know you're running around auditioning for your Country-Western singing career.
You can't fool us.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 11 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Since you're in the Navy and all, I just assumed you were on a boat.

Big Grin

Sorry to hear about your tendon injury though, that's bad news. Sad

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
27-01-2016, 10:23 AM
(27-01-2016 10:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  All total bunk.
We know you're running around auditioning for your Country-Western singing career.
You can't fool us.

Laughat

Unsure

Angel

27-01-2016, 10:43 AM
I was getting worried. I was beginning to wonder if that debate with Alla convinced you to wear magic underwear.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 7 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
27-01-2016, 10:44 AM
(27-01-2016 10:04 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 10:02 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I thought you had gotten lost in your new castle.

been building a moat Laughat

Wife is there now doing little personalization things to the house while awaiting our house hold goods move in March.

Better build that moat. That way Jenny and Nishi won't stalk you in their furry costumes.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
27-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Yabut, who are you?

(figured I'd get that out of the way)

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 9 users Like unfogged's post
27-01-2016, 10:50 AM
(27-01-2016 10:44 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 10:04 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  been building a moat Laughat

Better build that moat. That way Jenny and Nishi won't stalk you in their furry costumes.
Jenny is the furry. I'm still just a guy in a stupid hat.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post