Where have you been?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: Where have you been?
(08-04-2017 12:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  From New Zealand.

Only been overseas once, and it was to Vanuatu. Bet I'm the only one here who's been there.
Hell, bet most of you people (even the smart ones) don't even know where it is. Tongue

I’m surprised they let you in. Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2017, 06:56 PM
(08-04-2017 01:53 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 12:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  From New Zealand.

Only been overseas once, and it was to Vanuatu. Bet I'm the only one here who's been there.
Hell, bet most of you people (even the smart ones) don't even know where it is. Tongue

I’m surprised they let you in. Consider

I'm sure my parents were too, they were probably hoping they wouldn't let me in and would get to leave me at the airport for 5 days.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-04-2017, 07:18 PM
1. Where are you from?

Born in a town in New Jersey, called Flemington.

2. Where in the world have you been?
Most if not all the East Coast. From Maine to Florida. Drove accoss the US to get to Southern California where I now live.

Out of Country
Bermuda
Jamaica
Haiti
Germany
Switzerland
Mexico

3. What has been your favourite place to visit or regularly go to?
I'm tend to be a home body. But I do like to visit places. But nother really out side of my current town.

4. Where haven't you been that you'd like to go to?
Most places.

Top 5 would be
New Zealand
Japan
Australasia
Ireland
Italy

5. Where is your next holiday set up for?
*Srugs* I was suppose to take a family Caribbean cruise but my father had to cancel. So probably wont have the money for any big trip anytime soon.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
11-04-2017, 11:44 AM
1. I'm originally from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I've also lived in Missouri, South Carolina, Japan, and Maryland.

2. I've been to 30 of the 50 states. Guam, Tokyo, Kyoto, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand

3. Kyoto during cherry blossom season. That area is absolutely gorgeous, and I would return in a heartbeat.

4. I know this is broad, but Europe. I want to see places around the whole continent.

5. What holiday? I'm furiously saving money since I'm about to lose a job. Anyone need a nuclear/ materials engineer?
[+] 1 user Likes deerseed's post
11-04-2017, 01:16 PM
1. Where are you from?
The Black Country in West Midlands, UK.

England, Scotland, Wales, Irish Republic.

The stretch of railway on the Dorset coast between Dawlish Warren and Newton Abbot via Dawlish and Teignmouth.

Thurso, Skye, Coalbrookdale/Ironbridge Museum, HS2 railway line when (if) it opens

Various trips around the railway network: Glasgow Central, Cleethorpes, Swansea, Manchester Airport, Brighton, London Paddington, Great Malvern.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

11-04-2017, 01:50 PM
(07-04-2017 09:35 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  So, thought I'd through this one out to help start the Travel section:

------------------------------------------------------
1. Where are you from?
------------------------------------------------------

I'll go first Big Grin

1. I'm from England, in the North-West area!
2. I've been lucky enough to travel a fair bit. Been to: America [Memphis], Ghana, Poland, Germany, France, Spain, Tunisia, Greece [Part of it anyway], Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and probably some other places I can't remember haha.
3. Honestly, despite all the places I've been, Edinburgh in Scotland is my favourite place. I have friends there an regularly visit, but the city is so nice and the people are amazing.
4. Canada or anywhere above the South in America. The South was lovely, and I had a great time, but I'd like to experience the northern end as well
5. Right now, I'm scheduled to go to Budapest in a few months time for a Stag Party, so I'm sure that'll be nice Laugh out load

I kind of answered a lot of these in the thread that started this Travel forum but I'll do it again because I like this idea me want to see this section thrive.

I'm from Connecticut originally, now live in the Tampa Bay Area in Florida.

I've been to about 35 states in the USA, including Alaska and Hawaii. I own a cruise company so I have gone on about 25 cruises over the past eight years and I've visited Mexico (like 10 times), Jamaica, Haiti, Bermuda, Bahamas (like eight times), Costa Maya, Playa Del Carmen, Victoria in Canada, Cayman Islands, Belize and other tiny islands. One of our cruises will visit the ABC islands next April so I'll be going there. Our next cruise is less than a week away, going to San Juan in Puerto Rico, the Azores, Ibiza, Malaga and ending in Barcelona. I will stay in Spain for a week, visiting Madrid, too, then will head to Portugal. I've been all up and down Italia twice and visited Paris/Versailles for a week a few years ago.

My favorite place to visit is Italia bar none. I can never get enough of Roma and Venezia. Now that I can speak Italian decently, being Italian myself and am so familiar with the country, it's like coming home for me.

I haven't been to Greece and would like to stay there for a while. I imagine that will happen in the next 3-5 years.

I answered the final question already by accident. Sorry.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
13-04-2017, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2017 10:41 PM by ghostexorcist.)
1. Where are you from?

- The Midwest, USA

- Stay of some length: Tanzania (as a civilian) and an undisclosed area of the Middle East (as a soldier)
- Short stops: Canada, Spain, Ethiopia, and Italy

- I haven't traveled abroad extensively, so this is hard to answer at present.

- South and East Asia. Europe at some point.

- Not really a holiday but I will be living in Taiwan for the next year starting in September. I plan to visit neighboring countries while I'm in the area.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2017, 06:22 PM
1 Born in California
2 California (from the northern border to LA and everywhere in between) -lived
Oregon (pretty much all of it) -lived
Washington State (pretty much all of it) -lived
Utah (mostly Salt Lake City) -visited many times
Hawaii (most of the islands) -visited many times (my dad used to work there)
Ohio -visited a few times, my brother lives there
Maryland (most of it) -lived
Everything between Maryland and Florida -visited once
Jamaica -visited once
Mexico -visited once
Japan -visited once, want to move there for good lol
Las Vegas Nevada -visited several times
Arizona (Flagstaff mostly) -visited a few times
New Mexico -visited twice
Austin Texas -lived
Canada near Vancouver BC -visited once
Idaho -visited many times

3 Any place with rain and green trees.... and Japan (well I want to go back anyway)

4 Anywhere I can find a woman that will love me and want to be with me lol

5 Fuck I'm way too poor to think about that right now, but maybe this time next year I'll have it all fixed. When I do... Don't really care, travelings fun don't matter much where you go.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
15-04-2017, 07:06 PM
I was born in W. Massachusetts and have lived here all my life. I acquired a taste for Southeast Asian cultures while serving in the U.S. Army in Vietnam. I've visited Japan, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. I've been to Thailand several times and once tried to help a young Thai woman emigrate to the US so we could get married. That plan fell through due to the political situation and corruption there at the time.

I've vacationed in Mexico once during the early 1970's and spent a couple of weekends in Canada two years later.

I've never traveled extensively in the US, but I've attended five out-of-state atheist conventions:

American Atheists, Austin, TX (1985)
American Atheists, Somerset, NJ (1986)
American Atheists, Denver, CO (1987)
Freedom From Religion Foundation, Atlanta, GA (1988)
Atheists United, St. Louis, MO (1989)
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
15-04-2017, 07:52 PM
(15-04-2017 07:06 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I was born in W. Massachusetts and have lived here all my life. I acquired a taste for Southeast Asian cultures while serving in the U.S. Army in Vietnam. I've visited Japan, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. I've been to Thailand several times and once tried to help a young Thai woman emigrate to the US so we could get married. That plan fell through due to the political situation and corruption there at the time.

I've vacationed in Mexico once during the early 1970's and spent a couple of weekends in Canada two years later.

I've never traveled extensively in the US, but I've attended five out-of-state atheist conventions:

American Atheists, Austin, TX (1985)
American Atheists, Somerset, NJ (1986)
American Atheists, Denver, CO (1987)
Freedom From Religion Foundation, Atlanta, GA (1988)
Atheists United, St. Louis, MO (1989)

I could make a trip to Thailand just for the food. Though I'd rather not get beat up by a cross dresser again.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post