Where have you been?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: Where have you been?
It's alright we know where you've been.
You've been in the pipeline, filling in time,
provided with toys and Scouting for Boys.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-04-2017, 09:14 AM
"I've spent too long
On the inside out
My skin is cold
To the human touch
This bleeding heart's
Not beating much"

So I open my door to my enemies
And I ask could we wipe the slate clean
But they tell me to please go fuck myself
You know you just can't win.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
24-04-2017, 03:59 PM
Hi,

I have been all over Europe and with Google maps I can go there again! - despite Brexit. Smile

A.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
26-05-2017, 04:46 AM
I have just returned from Iceland. I have been plannig this trip for a long time, even booked tickets 2 months before https://www.iflyfirstclass.com/country/to-iceland .There are a lot of cool areas in Iceland. Here are the top things I saw:

The Westfjords - One of the least visited areas because it is off the famous ring road, but an absolutely must do. For extreme, serene natural beauty, nothing beats the Westfjords. Historically, The Westfjords is the place where Iceland's most famous freedom fighter was born, so there is a museum at his old farmhouse.

The Golden Circle - One of the most famous one-day tours in Iceland, The Golden Circle takes you to a host of sights, including Thingvellir, the Golden Waterfalls, and the hot springs. The hot springs also has Geysir, the geyser from which all other geysers are named.

Blue Lagoon - it is a must-do. It's incredibly relaxing and the colors are amazing. It's close enough to Reykjavik and Keflavik International Airport that you could do it during a 4-5 hour or one-day layover.
29-05-2017, 09:20 AM
I've been very lucky, having circumnavigated the globe twice and spent time on every continent except Antarctica.
29-05-2017, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2017 10:40 AM by jennybee.)
I noticed some people posting music videos about their travels...so I decided to get creative Hobo Tongue

Next stop: India Tongue

I would also like to go to Antrim, Ireland-my family's roots

Oh and I'm from...*

But am originally from:*

*Probably how I got my "Gangsta California Girl" accent as Adrianime called it Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-07-2017, 06:06 PM
1. Where are you from? Born & raised in a small town. Middle of nowhere.

2. Where in the world have you been? I've traveled all over Canada (Vancouver, Jasper, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Niagara Falls, Montreal and all points between). I've been to about 40 out of 50 US states. Cities - Seattle, Vegas, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Houston, Galveston, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, Washington DC, New York, Baltimore, Boston, Philly, Martha's Vineyard, Chicago, Detroit, Omaha, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Denver, Great Falls, Minneapolis / St Paul, Anchorage and lots of small towns along the way.

A short cruise to the Bahamas landed me at Nassau.

3. What has been your favourite place to visit or regularly go to? I absolutely love driving to Jasper.
Only 3 hours from Edmonton and amazing every time I've been there.

4. Where haven't you been that you'd like to go to?
All over Europe, Rio de Janeiro, all the Nordic countries.

5. Where is your next holiday set up for?
I'm hoping to make Reykjavik, Iceland my next adventure.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
04-07-2017, 08:18 PM
(07-04-2017 09:35 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  1. Where are you from?
Born and grew up in Oklahoma. I've lived in Ohio since 1975.
(07-04-2017 09:35 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  2. Where in the world have you been?
Internationally: Canada, Jamaica, Grand Cayman Island, and Cozumel, Mexico. The last three I visited on a cruise.

Withing the U.S. I've been to every state except Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington, Delaware, New Jersey, and states east of New York.

We took a big trip in '97 and saw Chicago, Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower (of Close Encounters of the Third Kind fame), Little Big Horn Battlefield, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Tetons National Park, Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, the Arizona Meteor Crater, Petrified Forest National Park, Mesa Verde National Park, Sand Dunes National Park, and St. Louis.
[/quote]
(07-04-2017 09:35 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  3. What has been your favorite place to visit or regularly go to?
We make frequent trips to Washington, D.C. because my daughter lives there.

I love San Francisco. I've been there four times.

Grand Canyon. Three times.

Meteor Crater. Twice.
(07-04-2017 09:35 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  4. Where haven't you been that you'd like to go to?
New York City, Hawaii, London, Paris, Scotland.

I'd love to see Easter Island but I don't think that's going to happen.

I'd love to see the pyramids in Egypt but with the political situation I'm afraid to go.
(07-04-2017 09:35 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  5. Where is your next holiday set up for?
August 21 to Columbia, MO to see the eclipse.

Sapere aude