Where is Heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Re: RE: Where is Heaven?
(02-12-2014 07:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-12-2014 07:29 AM)Nurse Wrote:  May have to troll this site.......

Anyone else a member there?

A few.

Most however have been banned. Those people apparently take even the most mildly dissenting opinion about as well as Hitler would take being called a Jew.

If I recall correctly, one person got banned because they poe'd as a biblical literalist and were too literal even for CF. Another was banned simply because the mod decided they could do it, even against their own rules.
I managed to stay there as a pet atheist for a while until the inevitable. I tried to not stir them up but still don't know the actual reason I got banned as they deleted the last threads I was in.

I seem to recall referring to christianity as a cult one evening after a few whiskeys so maybe they took offense at that.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Re: RE: Where is Heaven?

Edited to add:

They need this pic for a reference
[Image: OTcosmos.jpg]
Let us know if you take the plunge so we can track your progress.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2014, 07:51 AM
RE: Where is Heaven?
(02-12-2014 07:48 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  I seem to recall referring to christianity as a cult one evening after a few whiskeys so maybe they took offense at that.

Laugh out load

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2014, 07:53 AM
(02-12-2014 07:49 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  

Edited to add:

They need this pic for a reference
[Image: OTcosmos.jpg]
Let us know if you take the plunge so we can track your progress.

I'm trying to come up with a screen name - mebeforegod or bowbeforeme might not get approved Consider

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
02-12-2014, 07:57 AM
I didn't know heaven had it's own ocean.
Whoda thunkit?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
02-12-2014, 08:00 AM

Upon prompting; I am. Maybe. Will find out in the morning.

If nothing else I wanna be able to pull "the translation gag" on the OP. Won't really mind getting banned after that. Always funny.

Apparently you need valid reason to join and a short testimonial. I doubt they'll take issue with "I saw a converstion that I was interested in and felt I had something to add." They don't say what you're supposed to testify about though. It's a fair assumption that they're talking about how well we blow sunshine up Jesus's arse. Left it blank all the same.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
02-12-2014, 08:00 AM
(02-12-2014 07:53 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(02-12-2014 07:49 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  Let us know if you take the plunge so we can track your progress.

I'm trying to come up with a screen name - mebeforegod or bowbeforeme might not get approved Consider

Neil and Bob...they're altar boys.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
02-12-2014, 08:17 AM
(02-12-2014 07:57 AM)pablo Wrote:  I didn't know heaven had it's own ocean.
Whoda thunkit?

for those buried at sea to hang out on? Or maybe for those who died in boating accidents? Or maybe that is where that popular saying "Life's a beach!". Consider Or those who want heaven to be a beach, though having sand in my swimsuit for eternity sounds more like hell.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
02-12-2014, 08:28 AM
Maybe it's really hell?
Like the sand in the shorts you mentioned.
Also, if I died at sea, bobbing around in an ocean for eternity would suck.
02-12-2014, 01:11 PM
(02-12-2014 04:30 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  http://www.christianforumsite.com/index....ads/40824/

From the link:

Quote:...so, my guess is that a dead human in a spiritual body goes zoom out of the earths atmosphere, as they approach the speed of light they go through the tunnel [which is just an effect of going fast] then go to beyond light speed perhaps as much as 200 times the speed of light per second, er, I think? for about a few seconds.

A dead human in a spiritual body? I see... so we turn inside out when we die. Facepalm

"speed of light per second"? Is that like driving at 70 m.p.h. per hour? Ohmy

Sigh. No

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post