Where is Heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2014, 10:06 AM
RE: Where is Heaven?
Does anyone know of any good Christian forums that are open to debate? Most everything I've found it either adamantly opposed to refutations (they want questions but you must accept their answers without any rebuttals) or they are only populated with atheists and fringe believers.

Celebrate Reason ● Think For Yourself
www.theHeathensGuide.com
[Image: heathens-guide.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 10:49 AM
(03-12-2014 10:06 AM)JonDarbyXIII Wrote:  Does anyone know of any good Christian forums that are open to debate? Most everything I've found it either adamantly opposed to refutations (they want questions but you must accept their answers without any rebuttals) or they are only populated with atheists and fringe believers.

I hate to admit this but I was over on a youtube comment section replying to some of the Christians there. I've never seen so many stupid Christians post dumb ass stuff outside of a Christian forum than on the comment section of this particular video called The Bible's Buried Secrets. Bucky posted the link to it last week.

You usually don't get banned and you can really nail them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qalTJzk4kO0

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2014, 12:04 PM
(02-12-2014 02:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-12-2014 02:49 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Though I think the OP is being silly, knowing what we now know about black holes, quasars, the size of the universe and the potential for other worlds, other dimensions and quantum realms, thinking that Heaven and Hell are places/locations is not absurd.

Heaven is a concept. It's not a real place you silly-nilly.

Are you claiming special knowledge here? For there can logically be a heaven after death or a hell without the involvement of any god.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
03-12-2014, 12:41 PM
(03-12-2014 12:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(02-12-2014 02:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Heaven is a concept. It's not a real place you silly-nilly.

Are you claiming special knowledge here? For there can logically be a heaven after death or a hell without the involvement of any god.

Interesting, how would that work?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
03-12-2014, 01:39 PM
I was gonna answer the question "where is heaven" with "up your butt and around the corner!"

but then...my mind turned dirty. Blush

Anal

Angel

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
03-12-2014, 01:53 PM
That is the type of question that would come from an indoctrinated toddler. If i wasn't so afraid of clicking on the link i would interested in what the "official" answer would be.
If i were to put on my old mormon tube sock, i would say outside of the observable universe. i can't even recall if there is an official mormon answer.
The answer is quite clear, though. its in your imagination :)
03-12-2014, 02:01 PM
(03-12-2014 01:39 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I was gonna answer the question "where is heaven" with "up your butt and around the corner!"

but then...my mind turned dirty. Blush

Anal

Angel
nah, there are clean ways for that

Celebrate Reason ● Think For Yourself
www.theHeathensGuide.com
[Image: heathens-guide.png]
04-12-2014, 12:49 AM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-12-2014, 12:59 AM
So. Two days since I signed up and they hadn't opened my account for posting so I checked back in. They've deleted my account entirely and didn't tell me about it.

*Sniff* No. No it's fine. I didn't want to be a member anyway. The format sucks and it makes my screen smell of parmesan and they're all poopyheads.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 4 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
04-12-2014, 03:28 AM
LadyWallflower,

No lie I seriously considered that same response of 'up your butt and around the corner'.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post