Where is the Basis for our Judgments?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2016, 07:53 AM
RE: Where is the Basis for our Judgments?
I think that Bucky's M.O. is pretty standard fare for/from him, actually. Gotta get used to it, once he gets going.

But as far as trying to mediate this shitstorm between you two?

[Image: 134]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
29-11-2016, 08:01 AM
Buckster, I get why you're pissed at the dude but he actually did have a legit question which was answered - he said as much to unfogged earlier in the thread. Velvet, you're a prick but so are all of us, so belt up. Bucky is a good guy who has a lot of insight, and you did use a lot of language which tends to raise hackles - I got pissed at you earlier myself 'cos of your bullshit of "hypocrisy" and what-not.

Both of you assholes wear your -1s with pride until you realise that you're fighting over nothing, and then you can make peace.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-11-2016, 08:08 AM
(29-11-2016 07:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I think that Bucky's M.O. is pretty standard fare for/from him, actually. Gotta get used to it, once he gets going.

But as far as trying to mediate this shitstorm between you two?

Between? no...

That's all from him, I have no idea what's happening. Laugh out load

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
29-11-2016, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2016 09:29 AM by Velvet.)
(29-11-2016 08:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  Buckster, I get why you're pissed at the dude but he actually did have a legit question which was answered - he said as much to unfogged earlier in the thread. Velvet, you're a prick but so are all of us, so belt up. Bucky is a good guy who has a lot of insight, and you did use a lot of language which tends to raise hackles - I got pissed at you earlier myself 'cos of your bullshit of "hypocrisy" and what-not.

Both of you assholes wear your -1s with pride until you realise that you're fighting over nothing, and then you can make peace.

I AM?! Shocking well I've never been told that before to be honest.

I noticed that when I impled hyprocrisy I pissed you off, I'm sorry... I hope you know that this is the way that my stance trapped me (and everyone else) into, if it were true, instead of an implied attack.

I only attack directly... anyways, I'll still take your criticism into serious consideration.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
29-11-2016, 08:19 AM
(29-11-2016 08:12 AM)Velvet Wrote:  I AM?! Shocking well I've never been told that before to be honest.

Everyone is, sometimes. There's those who can handle this news and those who can't. Drinking Beverage ETA: And there's those what make it a full time occupation Dodgy Fortunately I don't think that applies to either of you.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-11-2016, 08:58 AM

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
29-11-2016, 10:29 AM

Someone pass me the joint, please.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
30-11-2016, 02:34 AM
(29-11-2016 08:12 AM)Velvet Wrote:  I noticed that when I impled hyprocrisy I pissed you off, I'm sorry... I hope you know that this is the way that my stance trapped me (and everyone else) into, if it were true, instead of an implied attack.

I only attack directly... anyways, I'll still take your criticism into serious consideration.

I don't think you're wrong to push your point of view or even to call people hypocrites and annoy them Wink But if you do, be prepared for a backlash and don't take it personally when they tell you to go shove your _______ in your _________. The measure of a person, IMO, is if they can keep their cool in such a situation. And also, conversely, if they know the appropriate time and place to blow their lid.

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-11-2016, 04:39 AM
Okay, I didn't read the OP. Nor the thread.

That! Is good judgement.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
09-12-2016, 05:24 PM
(23-11-2016 10:53 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You can form a rational basis for right and wrong from denoting harm that is caused by certain actions. This would be external to individual opinion.

So I can assert that god drowning everyone on the planet, is indeed "evil".

If I kill a deer and eat it, I am no doubt causing harm to the deer, but do you really think we could determine that killing a deer and eating it is evil?

There is no way to form a rational basis for right and wrong from denoting harm. The only thing you can determine is what you like (prefer), which is purely subjective.

When you tell us that "drowning everyone on the planet, is indeed "evil"", the only thing you are actually revealing to us is that "drowning everyone on the planet" is something that you don't like (or you dislike).

I haven't read this entire thread yet, but wanted to challenge this in case it wasn't challenged later in the thread.

Anyone know if the OP still around? I would love to have a chat him....