Where is the Basis for our Judgments?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: Where is the Basis for our Judgments?
(12-12-2016 03:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  Has Tommy actually got one? 'Cos I see only one PhD in this discussion.

I don't actually have my PhD...yet. But soon.

And Tomato's is from...Liberty? The diploma mill, right?

You've already got it they just won't give it to you yet because they like cheap labor. No, they need cheap labor.

I don't recall where TomatoSauce got his from. I remember that it was prestigious.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-12-2016, 03:25 PM
(12-12-2016 03:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 03:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I don't actually have my PhD...yet. But soon.

And Tomato's is from...Liberty? The diploma mill, right?

You've already got it they just won't give it to you yet because they like cheap labor. No, they need cheap labor.

Cheap intellectual labor.

[Image: depositphotos_8778933-stock-photo-mature...ickaxe.jpg]

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
12-12-2016, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 03:32 PM by Tomasia.)
(12-12-2016 03:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Well, that's just a blatant lie. At no point did I agree that anything you said was objectively true. Tomato the liar strikes again!

As per post 231:

"ME: I'll take it that you acknowledge the previous statements as objectively true. "

You: Sure, whatever"

But keep amusing me.

Can you factually verify whether this statement is true:

According to the source you cited, the definition of Agamospecies is: A species of uniparental (asexual) organisms

Is it a fact that according to the source, the definition of [b] Agamospecies is: A species of uniparental (asexual) organisms

Are facts subjective?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
12-12-2016, 03:35 PM
(12-12-2016 03:27 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 03:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Well, that's just a blatant lie. At no point did I agree that anything you said was objectively true. Tomato the liar strikes again!

As per post 231:

"ME: I'll take it that you acknowledge the previous statements as objectively true. "

You: Sure, whatever"

But keep amusing me.

Can you factually verify whether this statement is true:

According to the source you cited, the definition of Agamospecies is: A species of uniparental (asexual) organisms

Is it a fact that according to the source, the definition of [b] Agamospecies is: A species of uniparental (asexual) organisms

Are facts subjective?

Oh look, more lies from Tomato, I am so surprised. Drinking Beverage

(the bold command won't work, how annoying) "Are facts subjective?"

It depends on what you call a "fact." Because thus far, what you call "facts" are anything but. Seems pretty clear that facts must be subjective then Laughat

You make this too easy. It's like picking a fight with an actual tomato
[Image: Bright_red_tomato_and_cross_section02.jpg]

-Rick
12-12-2016, 03:38 PM
(12-12-2016 03:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Seems pretty clear that facts must be subjective

LaughatWeeping

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
12-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Why ask such a silly question as the OP when it can be found on Wikipedia?

Oh Tomato.

Ask yourself the following.

"Should I eat the yellow snow?"

Should I avoid the yellow snow?"

Judgement is fairly easy for some people.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
12-12-2016, 03:40 PM
(12-12-2016 03:38 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 03:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Seems pretty clear that facts must be subjective

LaughatWeeping

That is the least dumb reply I have seen from you yet. Maybe you should only write in emoji?

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
12-12-2016, 03:41 PM
(12-12-2016 03:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Why ask such a silly question as the OP when it can be found on Wikipedia?

Oh Tomato.

Ask yourself the following.

"Should I eat the yellow snow?"

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-12-2016, 03:50 PM
(12-12-2016 03:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  "Should I eat the yellow snow?"

I personally don't want to get sick from eating snow, especially snow that's likely been urinated on, or likely contaminated by some agent that left it yellow, that's why I'd avoid eating it.

12-12-2016, 03:51 PM
(12-12-2016 03:50 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I personally don't want to get sick from eating snow, especially snow that's likely been urinated on, or likely contaminated by some agent that left it yellow, that's why I'd avoid eating it.

Good for you.

You came to this conclusion yourself?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post