Where's Lilith?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: Where's Lilith?
Been to Denmark, but only for an afternoon.

I did spend three weeks in Sweden. LOTS of beautiful people. I found they have a healthier lifestyle in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and it really shows.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2012, 12:46 PM
(03-02-2012 08:25 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Been to Denmark, but only for an afternoon.

I did spend three weeks in Sweden. LOTS of beautiful people. I found they have a healthier lifestyle in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and it really shows.

Yep, healthier lifestyle and the some of the worlds highest levels of atheism, plus all the slim, beautiful blondes. I think I'd go to Denmark if they spoke English over there.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
03-02-2012, 12:55 PM
(03-02-2012 12:46 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think I'd go to Denmark if they spoke English over there.

It may be best learning Danish. Although if you go to one of the more touristy parts you may find many people there speak English.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
06-02-2012, 08:56 PM
(03-02-2012 12:55 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  It may be best learning Danish. Although if you go to one of the more touristy parts you may find many people there speak English.

They speak really good English in the tourist parts, probably speak it better than me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
09-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Awkward news time. Lilith is back in Missouri? Yay for biggoted immigration officers -_- I'll be flying again at the end of the month. sadly I didn't get my ticket refunded. After flying to Montreal from 8 in the morning till 7 PM, I spent 6 hours trying to get through immigration with a guy who got nasty after seeing the M on my passport. I was exhausted and couldn't think of how to fight back. When he denied me all I could do was cry.I never expected to be completely denied. I got out of the airport at around 12 and spent a few hours with my girlfriend before we had to go back to the airport so I could be deported. Pro tip avoid flying for nearly 2 days straight it's really not good for your body.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
09-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Sorry about that. Us Canadians have this false propaganda spread about us that distorts the average tourist view, so that when they arrive and learn the truth (we ain't so different that anyone else) it's like a slap in the face.
I'm sorry you didn't get through and experience some genuine hospitality. Hopefully your next trip works out.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 11:10 AM
My first trip was fine but there was no immigrations there. Unbelievably that's the first time I ran into a seriously hateful anti-trans worker while flying. As I was leaving I got some advice from the woman kicking me out. Make more of a paper trail so that if it happens again you can feel safe in calling their competence to question. I didn't come with a detailed plan of what I was going to do as a visitor so I had to accept the assholes decision. If you fail to succeed in convincing the court that the asshole who keeps you from entering is wrong you risk being banned for a year. I just couldn't take that risk when after flying for 11 hours I filled out the immigration card wrong by putting 203 days rather than 180 or less. Also if I accepted his decision I got to spend the night with my girlfriend. Had I argued I would've been stuck in a holding cell for the night.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
09-02-2012, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 11:34 AM by kim.)
Can you not just drive next time? It might be a bit of a hassle, but airport customs is way different than land boarder customs. It could be something to consider. Shy

Plattsburgh NY is a perfect hub for what is described as a "two state, two nation, do-it-all destination". Sitting on Lake Champlain, Plattsburgh itself offers several historical and art museums, a famous sandy beach, marinas, a downtown dining and entertainment district, shopping and more. The visitor can also easily go to Montreal, just one hour north; Lake Placid and the Adirondack Park, less than an hour away; and by ferry to Vermont across the lake.

Plattsburgh International Airport is a regional airport with flights to and from Boston. Fly to Boston, take the hop to Plattsburgh, and then you are an hour drive to Montreal. Might be something to look into. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-02-2012, 04:55 PM
If I could drive it might be, but i don't drive. And I found having someone drive me would cost more than flying. Thanks for the suggestion but I don't really know anyone from New York that well. I'm pretty sure that the next time I go I will have no trouble getting past security. We'll see though. I don't really have the money to keep being denied and I'm a total wreck after being in transport for 2 days. I'm doing everything legally I just have to be ready to go to court if I'm denied next time. So no mistakes.

09-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Greyhound Lines offers three daily direct services and Adirondack Trailways offers two daily direct services, from New York, with additional trips operated on weekends and in summer (8 h, from $76.50 US). Vermont Transit, a subsidiary of Greyhound Lines, offers four daily direct services from Boston, though Vermont Transit is now operating under the name of Greyhound Lines (seven hours, from $72 US). Note that there is no student discount on the Montreal-New York service. TheLuxBus also offers service from New York.

The train is slower but significantly cheaper; around $62 CA compared to about $75 CA for the bus. However, for about $15 CA extra, the bus makes for a much quicker journey with a much quicker passage through customs; so for speed, the bus is far superior; but for comfort and scenery, the longer train journey is more pleasantly spent.

Sorry - armchair traveler here -couldn't resist. Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein