Where's the Evidence??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: Where's the Evidence??
I am no scientist, I have a basic understanding of many things and to be honest this isn't necessarily one of them. However I have a question for you, assuming this complexity cannot be explained. How do you know it won't be explained by science in the future (which would be a safe assumption considering their past track record) and if it is a higher power, how do we know its your specific god and not the god of the muslims, hindus, etc.

Carpe Diem
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2012, 04:04 AM
Do not worry, not a single theist can answer that. They will all start this by saying how they believe and how they feel and so on... They simply can not grasp the concept of "do not know now, but will try to find out in the future". It has to be explained now, while we are having a debate, or we are all retarded.

Fuck it, just ignore them, maybe they will go away.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
25-05-2012, 04:24 AM
(25-05-2012 04:04 AM)Filox Wrote:  Do not worry, not a single theist can answer that. They will all start this by saying how they believe and how they feel and so on... They simply can not grasp the concept of "do not know now, but will try to find out in the future". It has to be explained now, while we are having a debate, or we are all retarded.

Fuck it, just ignore them, maybe they will go away.

Big Grin
"do not know now, but will try to find out in the future" isn't that what makes science so facinating? I love that shit... the ability to understand that we dont' have all the answers now.. and why should we? We are still evolving. Still learning. We are striving to understand the REAL answers.. and not just take the simple route of saying.. "It was God's glory"
The fact that we strive to answer the questions of where did we come from.. what started the universe .. and where is the future taking us.. that is far more glorious.. and amazing than simply taking the simple and lazy route of .. "must have faith for his glory".. fuck him and his glory. Amen. Tongue

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 4 users Like ddrew's post
25-05-2012, 04:44 AM
Amen brother, amen...

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
30-05-2012, 09:55 AM
The OP is quite silent.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
30-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Pity Sad I woulda liked to see the doc in action.
30-05-2012, 04:32 PM
The conversation continues here: http://theskepticalzone.com/wp/?p=659
[+] 1 user Likes Eppur Si Muove's post
30-05-2012, 10:13 PM
(30-05-2012 04:32 PM)Eppur Si Muove Wrote:  The conversation continues here: http://theskepticalzone.com/wp/?p=659
I'd hate to be in the shoes of "Upright Biped"... not because his argument was shot down (although it was) but because there are simply too many people to answer and so little help. I've been in that position. It sucks.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2012, 02:45 AM
This guy is just too bizarre and too much focused on philosophy instead on bio-genetics, so, who cares what he says anymore. When I went full philosophy on his ass, he just ignored my questions, because he did not like what I was implying. Now he thinks he can manipulate his words into discrediting Dr Liddle? I think not.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
22-06-2012, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 06:57 AM by fstratzero.)
I have to answer Upright Biped....

But first I have to say, he's right other than, g bonds to c and a to t, the order of the pairing of the nucleotides is not static. Which is consistent with a system that allows for change over time. eg Evolution.

Quote:This all raises a very important question; how did these very special sequences come to exist?

This is really the question, the rest is extra. The origins of the sequences of dna that allow for life. Which I'll try to see if any information exists on the subject.

I remember c0c0rdance saying the key lies in rna and lipids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDp6tZ448-g&feature=plcp 8:52 is where c0c0rdance gives an overview.

PS: Even if the op vanished, this question is awesome. I'm researching and learning some exciting things!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Evidence Against (?) Evolution RedJamaX 8 448 12-07-2014 07:12 AM
Last Post: true scotsman
  Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist. Metazoa Zeke 14 307 07-03-2014 09:16 AM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  The thread where Drich provides evidence rampant.a.i. 30 762 05-03-2014 05:48 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!! reverendjeremiah 81 5,606 23-02-2013 11:06 PM
Last Post: Sceptical Prophet
  Beat evidence for evolution/creation? davidneff 17 1,739 17-07-2012 10:30 AM
Last Post: Erxomai
  Throwing out evidence Geode 14 1,469 13-02-2012 12:04 AM
Last Post: Geode
  Archaeological evidence for the bible Observer 9 1,111 04-08-2011 01:02 PM
Last Post: TheBeardedDude