Where's the money?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2017, 09:39 PM
RE: Where's the money?
(21-10-2017 08:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A fucking dead body could beat democrats right now.

Aw, fuck it, you're back in the sane column.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2017, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2017 10:31 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(21-10-2017 08:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Democrats have attached themselves to the far left. If they don't come back to the middle, they'll continue to lose the white middle class (the largest voting bloc).

Man, what a world LDH lives inside his mind. In a reality where the Democrats ran the conservative centrist last election (who got 2.86 million more votes), his complaint is that the Dems are not centrist enough.

Once again, Trump got less votes than Mitt Romney did. There was no great alt-right surge, no conservative sea change. Trump got the same, but less, Republican voters that vote Republican every damn election. Again, he got less votes than the centrist Democrat. Trump won by a fluke of the electoral college, depressed voter turnout, and Democrat's bungling their own campaign; not because anything close to a majority buys into Trump and the GOP's bullshit.

You can more than easily argue that the Democrats fucked things up by going with a conservative centrist 'me-too' candidate in an attempt to sway conservative voters who were always going to bloc vote Republican anyways. They needed a candidate that actually reflected the liberal and progressive values that are actually popular with a large majority of American voters, such as affordable public healthcare. As evidenced by Obama's last two elections, there are far more liberals and progressives who just sat home for Hillary, but again for all Trump's pompous and empty populism he got less votes than Romney. If anything, you can conclude that low-information Republican voters are less swayed by the actual politics, than Democratic voters are (who probably lost more votes to the 3rd party candidates). But of course, this 'my team won' mentality is seen as a boon by LDH, rather than the rot eating away at democracy that it is.

Man, what a world he must live on inside his head.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-10-2017, 10:19 PM
(21-10-2017 10:04 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Man, what a world he must live on inside his head.

Dude who has the Gwynnies is saner.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Where LDH is wrong is that it won't be Trump, not that a republican won't win. Trump has shown the way, now the path is clear for a not-ridiculous repub candidate to take the Trump stuff that resonated with many conservative voters- immigration concerns, globalism, refusal to speak in packaged and sanitized p.c. language, a perceived favoring of Washington insiders and elites, etc.- and package it in a less fucking moron product.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
21-10-2017, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2017 10:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-10-2017 10:21 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Where LDH is wrong is that it won't be Trump, not that a republican won't win. Trump has shown the way, now the path is clear for a not-ridiculous repub candidate to take the Trump stuff that resonated with many conservative voters- immigration concerns, globalism, refusal to speak in packaged and sanitized p.c. language, a perceived favoring of Washington insiders and elites, etc.- and package it in a less fucking moron product.

I like Kasich. He's not a hypocritical Christian. Paul Ryan, on the other hand, is just confused. Does he not realize Ayn Rand was an atheist? And not a particularly attractive one either ethically or physically. When he says the Pope should stay out politics is he denying Papal infallibility? Mitch McConnell is a turtle.

I'm gonna start a PAC where I can abuse the shit out of hypocritical Christians and write it off on taxes. I can start a PAC for less than $5K.

#sigh
21-10-2017, 10:33 PM
(21-10-2017 10:21 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Where LDH is wrong is that it won't be Trump, not that a republican won't win. Trump has shown the way, now the path is clear for a not-ridiculous repub candidate to take the Trump stuff that resonated with many conservative voters- immigration concerns, globalism, refusal to speak in packaged and sanitized p.c. language, a perceived favoring of Washington insiders and elites, etc.- and package it in a less fucking moron product.

Indeed, as ironically Trump's greatest saving grace is his utter incompetency.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-10-2017, 10:35 PM
(21-10-2017 10:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I like Kasich. He's not a hypocritical Christian. Paul Ryan, on the other hand, is just confused. Does he not realize Ayn Rand was an atheist? And not a particularly attractive one either ethically or physically. When he says the Pope should stay out politics is he denying Papal infallibility. Mitch McConnell is a turtle.

I'm gonna start a PAC where I can abuse the shit out of hypocritical Christians and write it off on taxes. I can start a PAC for less than $5K.

[Image: deadringersturtlemcconnell.jpg]

[Image: toby-turtle.jpg]

[Image: 95817913.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-10-2017, 10:51 PM
(20-08-2017 11:56 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  July fundraising numbers are out. The Democrat National Committee only received $3.8 million last month from donors. The RNC pulled over $10 million again. The last 5 months have been brutal for democrat donations, while the RNC has been record breaking. Republicans are outpacing democrats in donations almost 2 to 1 since Trump took office.

Through June, small donations (under $200) accounted for $33 million for republicans and $21 million for democrats. (small dollar donations give us an idea where the active bases of each party stand).

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/347...c-in-july#

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/08/9...ndraising/

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...sis-215474

The republican base is fired up. I know that when a president has low approval numbers that his party generally loses seats in the midterms and lose the money battle. But for some reason the republicans are winning the money battle big time. Defying the odds.

My prediction is Trump beats the odds. Being a populist, his base will support him while most are bored with politics. Midterms are notorious for having lower turnout than presidential elections, but if republicans can get a large portion of Trump's base to show up at a time when democrat enthusiasm is low, the midterms will be a disaster for democrats.

How much money will it take to bury Mueller's charges?

How many Republicans will chain themselves to Trump?

How many promises will not be fulfilled?

How many Republican voters will be disillusioned by inaction?

Those are the key questions.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-10-2017, 10:58 PM
(21-10-2017 10:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  How much money will it take to bury Mueller's charges?

How many Republicans will chain themselves to Trump?

How many promises will not be fulfilled?

How many Republican voters will be disillusioned by inaction?

Those are the key questions.

How many votes can hackers from Estonia change?

#sigh
21-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Jeb Bush had the most money in 2016.
He's the president now right ?

Facepalm

Fuck.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post