Where's the rant thread now that I hafta' rant!!???!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Where's the rant thread now that I hafta' rant!!???!!
I've been taking the bus for over 2 years now. I'm gone 15 hours a day or more just with chasing buses to and from work, and then the actual work day in a stressful environment.

Past three weeks at work have been killing my sanity. I've been a bear to work with. I piss and moan about everything. I've got zero tolerance. My filter is gone--I don't care about being politically correct, or whether I'm rude...whatever comes out outta' mouth just does. Information falls out of my brain and I can't focus. One day last week someone on the phone was crying and I didn't even care, which is soooo unlike me. And I'm going to leak battery acid if the new coworker I'll be training makes one more donkey-sound when my phone rings. Major burnout here.

Now see this picture: I have no cable. I haven't turned on the radio or DVD player in months. My computer's broken. I live alone with 2 felines, and am gone 15 hours a day or more. I have neighbors on 3 sides of me. On the bedroom side, I hear random banging against the walls all hours of the day or night, slamming doors, people talking, loud car music, and occasionally sex. Behind me I hear occasional singing in the shower, barking dog, and slamming cabinets. On the living room side we have people in and out, kitchen furniture sliding across the floor, and occasional slamming. Not to mention all the other weird random crap that goes on in the general area. I'm the quiet one in all this.

So I get home at 9:30 tonight to find a notice on my door telling me that I'm in violation of my lease because it's been "loud music or disturbance has been reported or discovered."

HOLY FUCKING FUCK ARE YOU *TRYING* TO MAKE ME GET TWITCHY SO YOU CAN TAKE ME TO THE FUNNY FARM??????!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. Carry on.

~Valerie

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Percepticon's post
27-09-2012, 08:48 PM
RE: Where's the rant thread now that I hafta' rant!!???!!
1. Right here.
2. Hug
3. Fuck it. Place sux anyway.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-09-2012, 08:58 PM
(27-09-2012 08:44 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  I've been taking the bus for over 2 years now. I'm gone 15 hours a day or more just with chasing buses to and from work, and then the actual work day in a stressful environment.

Past three weeks at work have been killing my sanity. I've been a bear to work with. I piss and moan about everything. I've got zero tolerance. My filter is gone--I don't care about being politically correct, or whether I'm rude...whatever comes out outta' mouth just does. Information falls out of my brain and I can't focus. One day last week someone on the phone was crying and I didn't even care, which is soooo unlike me. And I'm going to leak battery acid if the new coworker I'll be training makes one more donkey-sound when my phone rings. Major burnout here.

Now see this picture: I have no cable. I haven't turned on the radio or DVD player in months. My computer's broken. I live alone with 2 felines, and am gone 15 hours a day or more. I have neighbors on 3 sides of me. On the bedroom side, I hear random banging against the walls all hours of the day or night, slamming doors, people talking, loud car music, and occasionally sex. Behind me I hear occasional singing in the shower, barking dog, and slamming cabinets. On the living room side we have people in and out, kitchen furniture sliding across the floor, and occasional slamming. Not to mention all the other weird random crap that goes on in the general area. I'm the quiet one in all this.

So I get home at 9:30 tonight to find a notice on my door telling me that I'm in violation of my lease because it's been "loud music or disturbance has been reported or discovered."

HOLY FUCKING FUCK ARE YOU *TRYING* TO MAKE ME GET TWITCHY SO YOU CAN TAKE ME TO THE FUNNY FARM??????!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. Carry on.

~Valerie

End of fiscal year does that to everybody. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
27-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Aww that totally sucks! I've had shitty weeks, even months, like this before. I hope things start to look up soon!
28-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks you guys. The noise thing was mistaken identity and they're clearing my file. Silly to have gone twitchy over it.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
28-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Oh noes! She's a Decepticon now! All that stress sent her over to the dark side! Ohmy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Oh honey, puhleeeeze....they have cookies. How could I resist?

[+] 2 users Like Percepticon's post
29-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Fuck it. From your description, you need something DIFFERENT to happen to you. I think ... yes, it's time... you need:

Road trip.

If it turns out good, it will give you a great new perspective on life in general. However, if it sucks... it could be the greatest thing that ever happens to you.

When a road trip sucks... well, the only thing in life that could suck more than your real life, is to have a horrifying road trip that goes wrong. This will give you the great perspective on life.

Pick a simple destination... a museum somewhere; some small town's Octoberfest or harvest festival or some fair; a landmark you've heard about -a cliff that looks like a face or something; a place that serves the best onion rings on the planet... as long as it's far away from any place familiar. At least a 2 hour drive, about 100 miles. Or just pick a direction and drive 100 miles and see what there is to see.

It can be done.

Who knows... you might have a terrifically boring time and wouldn't that be fantastic? Then you would know for certain that you are destined for banality. Or you would know for certain that there is no such thing as destiny.
Angel
Do it.
I dare you.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post