Where to find good arguments against "bible prophesy", "messianic prophesy"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2013, 06:46 AM
RE: Where to find good arguments against "bible prophesy", "messianic prophesy"?
Chippy, . . . rather than point out errors, . . . how about addressing the topic.

BTW, I don't recall ever correcting someone [in dick fashion] on these forums. So, there's no double standard here from me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2013, 07:35 AM
RE: Where to find good arguments against "bible prophesy", "messianic prophesy"?
IMO, reason provides the best arguments against that crap.
16-10-2013, 08:07 AM
(16-10-2013 06:46 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Chippy, . . . rather than point out errors, . . . how about addressing the topic.

I already did you a big favour by educating you about the difference between prophecy and prophesy. I spared you the humiliation of going on some Christian forum and making a dickhead of yourself but you refuse to acknowledge that so why the fuck should I share more of my knowledge with you?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2013, 08:13 AM
How do you know I didn't acknowledge that, . . . and will change the way I spell it? You could have just brought it up as an "FYI", . . . but instead, you found it necessary to personally attack me [without reason].

Now if you want to address the topic, I welcome all to contribute. If not, . . . that's fine, too.
16-10-2013, 12:23 PM
(15-10-2013 03:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Why play their stupid game at all ?
The role of a "prophet", in ancient Hebrew culture was not to be a fortune teller.
In fact it, (divination, and fortune telling) was forbidden.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid257278
They can't prove that what was written into the gospels wasn't put there intentionally, to MAKE it look like prophecies were fulfilled.
Look at the bigger picture. What was the role of a messiah ? To restore the political kingdom. Did that happen ?
Game over.

So, you're saying that the atheist website that shows hundreds of unfulfilled prophecies is off base, too. Have you written them with this stance?

I say the prophecies are real, and I'll point out again, the same prophecies, sometimes within the same verses say that the one Messiah would not only be a political ruler but die and rise from the dead... do you have an Old Testament prophecy that says how long between the first and second advent? Do you have a prophecy like "the suffering servant will die and then within ten years of His resurrection will restore Israel to make it the head of the nations"?
16-10-2013, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 01:20 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-10-2013 12:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  So, you're saying that the atheist website that shows hundreds of unfulfilled prophecies is off base, too. Have you written them with this stance?

Yes I am. No I haven't. I will make my own assignments.
It's not my job to educate the world. I leave that to trolls like you.

(16-10-2013 12:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I say the prophecies are real, and I'll point out again, the same prophecies, sometimes within the same verses say that the one Messiah would not only be a political ruler but die and rise from the dead... do you have an Old Testament prophecy that says how long between the first and second advent? Do you have a prophecy like "the suffering servant will die and then within ten years of His resurrection will restore Israel to make it the head of the nations"?

Irrelevant. Doesn't make a whit of difference what you say.
Risen or not, he DIDN'T get the JOB DONE. So NONE of them, even in the flawed model, cannot be said to apply to Jebus.
What was "meant" by "rising form the dead" has been examined by scholars, and it's not my problem if you are THAT uneducated. (See Tulsa seminary professor Dr. BB Scott's "The Problem with Resurrection").

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
16-10-2013, 12:42 PM
(15-10-2013 02:24 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Is there a good place that I can go to that will show the problems with the various bible "prophesies", and especially the "messianic prophesies" that Jesus was supposed to fill [all of them]? I already know a few, such as . . . "there was no census taken that would have caused Joseph to go to Bethleham", as a "prophesy fulfillment".

Maybe Seth needs to do a show on this topic. It gets brought up a LOT by christians who use it as a way to "show that their religion is true".

Thomas Paine spent about a third of his book, "The Age of Reason", dissecting these prophezies.

YES! I WENT THERE!

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
16-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Reltzik, . . . I'm not sure what you mean by "Yes! I went there!". Can you elaborate on this, please? Thank you!
16-10-2013, 03:55 PM
(16-10-2013 12:53 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Reltzik, . . . I'm not sure what you mean by "Yes! I went there!". Can you elaborate on this, please? Thank you!

I intentionally misspelled it "prophezies". Rolleyes

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
16-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Oh! ha!

I may pick up a copy of Age of Reason.