Where to find organized Old Testament stories?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2011, 01:49 AM
Where to find organized Old Testament stories?
I am in need of a reliable resource (a book) that organizes and accurately describes stories of the Old Testament. I'm looking for the bad ones, btw. But if the book happens to have all of them, that works too.

And if I needed to read the entire Bible, I would, but if anyone has any information on the aforementioned book I would greatly appreciate it. Tongue

Oh, and hi forums! I've wanted to join for a while, but I've been consistently distracted.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2011, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 03:56 AM by daemonowner.)
RE: Where to find organized Old Testament stories?
Hello and welcome. I would suggest Bart Ehrman's books (although he focuses on the New Testament, being a NT scholar). He has quite a few good ones, focusing specifically on the contradictions and history behind the New Testament.
Aside from that, nothing really beats experience. Maybe you could get some of the books you're after but read the Old Testament (or the whole bible) beforehand. It gets a little tedious, as a word of warning. When people say the "begats" are boring, they aren't kidding.

Also if you haven't heard of it, as a nice little reference to use, go to the SAB - The Skeptics Annotated Bible. It has not only the entire Bible on the website to scroll through and read at your pleasure, but also little questions with bible verses relating to them (to see where the bible disagrees/contradicts itself) and notes by some of the verses. Its kinda handy.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
21-11-2011, 04:53 AM
RE: Where to find organized Old Testament stories?
I thought it was a trick question. I was tricked! Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post