Where to find the beauty in a world without a god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2017, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2017 11:01 PM by JesseB.)
Where to find the beauty in a world without a god
I hope this is the right place for this.

Please don't take this literally, it is intended to be somewhat poetic. An illustration. I suspect many of you may think like this already, I hope you enjoy the thoughts, and understand the meaning inside.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reality, the universe and everything in it, except for one thing, doesn't give a fuck about your feelings.

You know what does give a fuck about your feelings? Me. You know what does give a fuck about my feelings (Hopefully)? You.

Humans are the only ones right now truly capable of real understanding, compassion, and love of other humans (though many animals come damn close). We're all we got right now. We need each other, and we have an ethical responsibility to care about each other. Because no one else will.

I write these words knowing that I am human waste, human trash. That the only two living beings that even try to show me love and affection are a cat and a dog. Imagine waking up in a world, or being born into a world where all of humanity has decided to throw you away. I am sure I probably deserve it, if I didn't deserve it I would be loved and wanted by other humans, right?

But for me the most painful thought is knowing that there are people who have been abandoned by humanity, who are unwanted, unloved and unlovable. Human trash. I'm not calling them human trash, nor am I calling myself so. This what all of humanity calls people when they turn their backs on them. It's the thought and feeling people know with every rejection.

As atheists, we're quite possibly the most hated group of people on the planet, if we can't learn to love ourselves, each other, and those thrown away by society what hope does the rest of society have.

Because of this we are able to know human trash, their feelings, their self-loathing, their struggles. We should understand the reality that they are not trash, that no society has the right to try and make them into trash. That despite what society say's they matter and deserve love just like everybody else. We can do this because we can know real empathy, a gift taken from those who only express a fake empathy based on forced submission and rules. A gift taken from many religious people through their twisted dogmatic teachings.

We're all we got. Let’s be there for each other.

(I changed the title cause I don't think it matches what I was trying to say in the OP)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like JesseB's post
14-03-2017, 02:23 AM
RE: Where to find the beauty in a world without a god
(13-03-2017 10:11 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Where to find the beauty in a world without a god

Who needs a god. Come to Australia.

[Image: image.adapt.1663.medium.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 9 users Like Banjo's post
14-03-2017, 03:17 AM
Absolutely, well said Smile

I do indeed care about your feelings. One of the reasons I come to forums such as this is to make friends, and to support anyone who needs it.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Robvalue's post
14-03-2017, 03:50 AM
The world became far more beautiful when I discarded my god lense and saw it for what it really was--how incredible is Earth, life, the galaxy, existence itself.

Believing a god did it all diminished the wonder. It made being on this Earth irrellevant in the long run--after all, you were going to live eternally, right? Eternity makes all things finite irrelevant.

It's amazing to be alive, even for just a blip of time. I'm quite happy with that. It's much more precious this way.

Earth is beautiful. So are people. I wish we could all get along better.

[Image: true-color-earth-2015s.jpg.cf.jpg]

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 8 users Like Loom's post
14-03-2017, 04:48 AM
Absolutely. Turn this into a sandbox for a bored programmer, and it becomes rather mundane and unimpressive.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
14-03-2017, 04:53 AM
I am just waiting for HoC and his Gwynnies.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
14-03-2017, 06:06 AM
(14-03-2017 04:53 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I am just waiting for HoC and his Gwynnies.

You rang? Big Grin

I've amended my philosophy in that Gwyneth is the other prophet, through her is see god as love. Through myself I see god as entropy.

[Image: rs_634x844-150518132708-634-womens-healt...051815.jpg]

living word
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-03-2017, 08:08 AM
(14-03-2017 06:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 04:53 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I am just waiting for HoC and his Gwynnies.

You rang? Big Grin

I've amended my philosophy in that Gwyneth is the other prophet, through her is see god as love. Through myself I see god as entropy.

[Image: rs_634x844-150518132708-634-womens-healt...051815.jpg]

A rather compelling argument lol far superior to any from the bible that I've heard. Cheers!

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
14-03-2017, 08:09 AM
(14-03-2017 04:48 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Absolutely. Turn this into a sandbox for a bored programmer, and it becomes rather mundane and unimpressive.

Agreed... and...

Meh. At least Grand Theft Auto is fun to play....

Conclusion: the god of the bible is a pretty shitty at programming.

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
14-03-2017, 08:10 AM
(14-03-2017 03:50 AM)Loom Wrote:  The world became far more beautiful when I discarded my god lense and saw it for what it really was--how incredible is Earth, life, the galaxy, existence itself.

Believing a god did it all diminished the wonder. It made being on this Earth irrellevant in the long run--after all, you were going to live eternally, right? Eternity makes all things finite irrelevant.

It's amazing to be alive, even for just a blip of time. I'm quite happy with that. It's much more precious this way.

Earth is beautiful. So are people. I wish we could all get along better.

[Image: true-color-earth-2015s.jpg.cf.jpg]

^This^ Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post