Where to find the beauty in a world without a god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2017, 02:33 AM
RE: Where to find the beauty in a world without a god
(15-03-2017 02:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 02:31 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Kinky.... I'm game.... Wanna join Banjo?

Always.

Bring Jenny and Astreja. Wink

I'm totally down with this idea if they are >.>

(wait can they see this? o.0 ....)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2017, 02:36 AM
(15-03-2017 02:29 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 02:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If you really weren't giving a fuck then you wouldn't care about indoctrinated sheep part. Also you may not give a damn but I try to be nice to people with whom I speak. Well, except when I'm not.

Lastly there was no escalation. And yes I noticed the smile at the end of the post.

I'll admit I definitely care about the idea that some people might mistake me for having anything in common with a religion. Or an insinuation that I ever was a part of one (which has happened in the past). That shit frankly annoy's me. I won't lie.

I have small thing common with Judaism as I agree with this statement: whoever saves one life, Scripture ascribes it to him as though he had saved a whole world. So I wouldn't care. Same with second part, cause I was catholic. But then I saw The Truth Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
15-03-2017, 02:36 AM
(15-03-2017 02:33 AM)JesseB Wrote:  (wait can they see this? o.0 ....)

[Image: giphy.gif][/i]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
15-03-2017, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2017 02:40 AM by Robvalue.)
Jesse: Sure, I wasn't saying you didn't agree with me! I was just making a further observation.

As for people being "claimed" by religions by being baptized or whatever, that's bullshit. If they want to count it in their little statistics to make them feel better, they can play that stupid game. But if someone says they're not a Christian, then they're not one, as far as I'm concerned. Same goes for someone who says they are. No one else gets to decide for them. I could go around saying random people are members of my golf club because I hid a card in their pocket.

(Edit: I mean it's total bullshit that they do this, I'm not contesting that they do.)

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
15-03-2017, 02:39 AM
(15-03-2017 02:37 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Jesse: Sure, I wasn't saying you didn't agree with me! I was just making a further observation.

As for people being "claimed" by religions by being baptized or whatever, that's bullshit. If they want to count it in their little statistics to make them feel better, they can play that stupid game. But if someone says they're not a Christian, then they're not one, as far as I'm concerned. Same goes for someone who says they are. No one else gets to decide for them. I could go around saying random people are members of my golf club because I hid a card in their pocket.

Dude, can't you see we're trying to organise an orgy??? HuhHuhHuh

I held a Roman orgy once. I hired slaves and all. Male and female to suit the guests depending upon their desires....

A famous actress was there.

But a gentleman never tells. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
15-03-2017, 06:32 AM
(14-03-2017 02:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-03-2017 10:11 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Where to find the beauty in a world without a god

Who needs a god. Come to Australia.

...and get eaten. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-03-2017, 07:57 AM
(15-03-2017 06:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 02:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Who needs a god. Come to Australia.

...and get eaten. Dodgy

Mate, that's the whole idea about the headphones. C'mon! Wink

Banjo.
15-03-2017, 09:12 AM
(15-03-2017 06:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 02:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Who needs a god. Come to Australia.

...and get eaten. Dodgy

No, just bitten by a poisonous <insert animal name here from long list, but probably a snake> Dodgy
15-03-2017, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2017 12:16 PM by kim.)
(14-03-2017 02:07 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 01:52 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  The nice thing about being an atheist is that, if you don't tell anyone, you're invisible. Cool
He who hid well, lived well Wink

(14-03-2017 05:09 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Hiding for 30 years kept me on the constant brink of suicide for 30 years. Idk if I would agree.

Just reacting to Jay's invisible statement with a little Descartes.

It keeps me off the streets. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-03-2017, 12:20 PM
(15-03-2017 12:06 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 02:07 PM)kim Wrote:  He who hid well, lived well Wink

(14-03-2017 05:09 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Hiding for 30 years kept me on the constant brink of suicide for 30 years. Idk if I would agree.

Just reacting to Jay's invisible statement with a little Descartes.

It keeps me off the streets. Shy

Hehe, while it may have been hard. I certainly think it was the most practical option available to me at the time. Smile

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post