Where to start with this cretin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2014, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2014 04:58 AM by Mathilda.)
RE: Where to start with this cretin
1)

Q) Who are the Saviours?
A) Why should an atheist care? You do not need to know the Bible inside out to dismiss it as being an explanation of reality any more than you need to know all the history and different versions of Father Christmas around the world to know that it's also a made-up fantasy.

2)
He says that energy and matter cannot be created and that it shouldn't be here and the fact that it is here means that it was created by a supernatural event. A supernatural event by its very definition is something that is outside of reality and therefore it cannot happen and therefore the statement is a non sequitur.

The existence of energy and matter is part of our reality and therefore the explanation for its existence must be a natural one.

3) Origins of life itself

It does not take take "faith to belief in whatever 'that' is" (he doesn't actually even know what the current theories are). Yes we are developing testable and reproducible experiments based on plausible hypotheses backed up by evidence as to how life originated but it is still at the cutting edge of research. Just because we aren't sure yet does not mean that we have to resort to supernatural explanations and a god of the gaps argument. His argument relies on his personal ignorance.

Evidence for his argument relying on his own personal ignorance is him asserting that whales came from cows. That's not how evolution works. It is generally considered that both cows and whales come from a common ancestor being the Pakicetus. Evidence for this comes from looking at the fossil records if you are willing to read the research.

He is arguing that what atheists believe in is based on faith because it is not demonstrable, testable or reproducible. Aside from the gripe that atheism is just a lack of belief in the existence of a god, what he is referring to was and is being discovered using only the scientific method. So by definition he is blatantly wrong.

4) His videos might be less tedious if he doesn't do them while driving and actually spends time preparing a script beforehand.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 06:25 AM
oh look, he responded to my answers to all of his questions with arguments from ignorence and went back to his your facts are not facts and are based on faith argument again.

So many Tu quoquo's, strawmen and arguments from rea....I mean, this guy is guilty of HALF of the logical fallacies on the fallacies list in just his one video alone.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
10-07-2014, 07:40 AM
(08-07-2014 06:23 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  

Was that a joke? Please tell me that was not serious. I can't go on living if that guy was for real. Well, maybe I can but I'm going to need more vodka.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
10-07-2014, 07:56 AM
(10-07-2014 07:40 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 06:23 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  

Was that a joke? Please tell me that was not serious. I can't go on living if that guy was for real. Well, maybe I can but I'm going to need more vodka.

No, its a joke. I am almost sure of it.

If he was serious, I have vodka at my place you can have.

10-07-2014, 11:28 AM
What kind of vodka? It turns out that I'm a vodka snob. I only drink the really good stuff.

And, if that nimrod is serious, I'm going to need a lot of it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
11-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Have cobbled together a response - not as thorough as I would have done in a 1v1 debate but frankly I have so little time for the idiot that I'm glad the video is only ~10mins

Link to follow soon.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
11-07-2014, 06:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNsxNdCrrHE

Voilla Wink

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
12-07-2014, 03:19 AM
(10-07-2014 11:28 AM)BnW Wrote:  What kind of vodka? It turns out that I'm a vodka snob. I only drink the really good stuff.

And, if that nimrod is serious, I'm going to need a lot of it.

Its Pearl Vodka

[Image: 2_94546750_3.jpg]

12-07-2014, 03:39 AM
(10-07-2014 07:40 AM)BnW Wrote:  Was that a joke? Please tell me that was not serious. I can't go on living if that guy was for real. Well, maybe I can but I'm going to need more vodka.
It wasn't serious. OGFurious is well-known for mocking Christian beliefs via satire.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
12-07-2014, 04:40 AM
(11-07-2014 06:53 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNsxNdCrrHE

Voilla Wink

Well done. It's good to see these people get answered when they're really just wanting no one to respond so they can go round thinking that they are right.

Good on screen presence. Just a couple of tips to make it easier to watch. Stay a little back from the web cam because it's unable to focus when you're so close to it. And also try editing down the theist's long rambling speeches a little tighter, they really are tedious to get through. It worked better when you cut them up with your own interjections more frequently.

Hmm, makes me want to do something similar with a sock- or hand- puppet in front of a video camera Smile A really expressive puppet could be hilarious.