Where was god when the lights came on?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Where was god when the lights came on?
Let's define the Universe as encompassing all Mass and Energy.

Let's assume that god created the Universe.

god can't have been within the universe when he created it because it didn't exist before he created it. Therefore, when he created the Universe, he must have been somewhere outside of the Universe.

However, he can't have been outside of the Universe when he created the Universe because there wasn't an outside or an inside for that matter.

Besides, god is either matter or energy. Given this, he must have been inside the Universe because the Universe encompasses all Mass and Energy. But, before the Universe was created, it didn't exist.

So, god, before he created the Universe, can't have been within it, because it hadn't been created, nor can he have been outside of it because outside didn't exist.

So, where was god when the lights went on?

Discuss:

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: Where was god when the lights came on?
the supernatural realm of course. along with sam and dean winchester. what i wanna know is who was he talking to when he said ''let there be light!'' and what language was he speaking?
25-03-2016, 08:56 AM
(25-03-2016 08:45 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  the supernatural realm of course. along with sam and dean winchester. what i wanna know is who was he talking to when he said ''let there be light!'' and what language was he speaking?

1. Is the supernatural realm derived of matter or energy?

2. god created the sun and the stars on day 3 so where, exactly, did the light come from on day 1 and what was it's nature?

3. god was talking to the snake when he said let there be light.

4. god spoke in 'tongues'. Tongues was a common language at the time. Everyone spoke Tongues in biblical times.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
25-03-2016, 09:01 AM
im on a crappy phone texting, so my posts are gonna be brief. so let me get this straight: god created the snake before everything else? and they were buddies? i thought the snake came later.
25-03-2016, 09:10 AM
(25-03-2016 08:41 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  So, god, before he created the Universe, can't have been within it, because it hadn't been created, nor can he have been outside of it because outside didn't exist.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a bit:

While the concept of "outside the universe" can't exist until the universe is actually there, the idea of "independent of the universe" could still stand.
Ignoring temporal dimensions for now, you are a 3 dimensional being living in a 3 dimensional world. If you had god-like powers, you could create a universe inside your own universe, basically a 2 dimensional world. You would always have existed "outside" that universe and would continue to do so after its creation.
The idea of a multiverse and higher spatial/temporal dimensions isn't really a bizarre concept these days. So for me honestly, "where" God did or does exist isn't really a sticking point for me, and not one I really bring up when describing my lack of faith in said god.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
25-03-2016, 09:32 AM
(25-03-2016 09:01 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  im on a crappy phone texting, so my posts are gonna be brief. so let me get this straight: god created the snake before everything else? and they were buddies? i thought the snake came later.

AKAIK, the babble doesn't say who/when the snake was created. Presumably, the sky wizard created it but the babble doesn't explicitly say. As a result, it doesn't say when the snake was created. It just appeared in the garden of Eden and was there before Adam and Eve.

Typical babble. inconsistent as ever.

25-03-2016, 10:10 AM
(25-03-2016 09:10 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 08:41 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  So, god, before he created the Universe, can't have been within it, because it hadn't been created, nor can he have been outside of it because outside didn't exist.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a bit:

While the concept of "outside the universe" can't exist until the universe is actually there, the idea of "independent of the universe" could still stand.
Ignoring temporal dimensions for now, you are a 3 dimensional being living in a 3 dimensional world. If you had god-like powers, you could create a universe inside your own universe, basically a 2 dimensional world. You would always have existed "outside" that universe and would continue to do so after its creation.
The idea of a multiverse and higher spatial/temporal dimensions isn't really a bizarre concept these days. So for me honestly, "where" God did or does exist isn't really a sticking point for me, and not one I really bring up when describing my lack of faith in said god.

So, I'm a god and I'm in a Universe and I create a whole new universe, inside my Universe, just for you humanoids.

Good so far.

Who created me (god)?

Who created the Universe that I (god) was in when I created Man's universe?

I'm going to give you some rep so that you understand that I'm not having a pop at you.

Thanks for your answer.Big Grin

Have a nice day.

[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 11:14 AM
(25-03-2016 10:10 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  So, I'm a god and I'm in a Universe and I create a whole new universe, inside my Universe, just for you humanoids.

Good so far.

Who created me (god)?

I'm going to give you some rep so that you understand that I'm not having a pop at you.
Ah, that's where I stop playing devil's advocate because at this point we'll be completely on the same side.

Typical answer will usually be, "God and his 'universe' always existed." Then we get to, if his universe always existed why can't ours? Then... things that begin to exist, blah blah blah, ontological BS, etc etc etc
Basically, just special pleading at that stage. Wink

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
25-03-2016, 11:15 AM
It's PFM................

*pure fuckin' magic.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
25-03-2016, 11:23 AM
(25-03-2016 11:14 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 10:10 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  So, I'm a god and I'm in a Universe and I create a whole new universe, inside my Universe, just for you humanoids.

Good so far.

Who created me (god)?

Ah, that's where I stop playing devil's advocate because at this point we'll be completely on the same side.

Typical answer will usually be, "God and his 'universe' always existed." Then we get to, if his universe always existed why can't ours? Then... things that begin to exist, blah blah blah, ontological BS, etc etc etc
Basically, just special pleading at that stage. Wink

OK, so god, who has always existed, was in his heaven one day, which has also always existed, when he thought, 'oh, I know, I'll create this new cool Universe and put this dude call Man in it.'

OK, so why did god create this new Universe when he did as opposed to at some other time?

Can't give you any more rep 'cos the damn system won't let me.

[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post