Where was god when the lights came on?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Where was god when the lights came on?
That's where Christian creationists start delving too deeply into cognitive dissonance. Long ago, God lived in the sky (hence, the heavens).

Then we had airplanes. No, he lives above the earth.

Then we orbited our world. No, he lives elsewhere. Fast forward, now he exists outside time-space.

I wish I could live long enough for humans to make breakthroughs in that field to see where he lives next.

Dude moves more than an Army brat I know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Clockwork's post
25-03-2016, 12:03 PM
RE: Where was god when the lights came on?
(25-03-2016 11:23 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  OK, so god, who has always existed, was in his heaven one day, which has also always existed, when he thought, 'oh, I know, I'll create this new cool Universe and put this dude call Man in it.'

OK, so why did god create this new Universe when he did as opposed to at some other time?
Eh, we've gone from the 'hard science' parts, the hows, to the philosophical/sociological parts, the whys.
That's usually where I break off, because until something can be demonstrated that it *can* be done, I don't give a flying fig *why* it's done.
IE, until it can be explained that God *did* and *can* create a universe, I don't care *why* he might have created that universe. Tongue

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
25-03-2016, 12:31 PM
(25-03-2016 12:03 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 11:23 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  OK, so god, who has always existed, was in his heaven one day, which has also always existed, when he thought, 'oh, I know, I'll create this new cool Universe and put this dude call Man in it.'

OK, so why did god create this new Universe when he did as opposed to at some other time?
Eh, we've gone from the 'hard science' parts, the hows, to the philosophical/sociological parts, the whys.
That's usually where I break off, because until something can be demonstrated that it *can* be done, I don't give a flying fig *why* it's done.
IE, until it can be explained that God *did* and *can* create a universe, I don't care *why* he might have created that universe. Tongue

Just hang loose.

Christardology states that this is so and that is so.

When you ask a christard, they just claim that the sky fairy moves in mysterious ways or it's not for us to know or it's all part of god's plan and things stop there because their cognitive dissonance kicks in.

So, then we hit 'em with why then and just pile on the dissonance.

I just wondered if anyone has answers to these questions, and others.

I am happy though to stick with where was god when the lights went on though. I can do that.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
25-03-2016, 12:39 PM
(25-03-2016 08:41 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  So, where was god when the lights went on?

Discuss:

The only way to make sense of Genesis is to assume God came into existence at the very same second that the universe came into existence. So little baby God and the universe were like twins basically but one in the same, God is the universe, he embodies it which sounds nice but doesn't match scripture. It clearly states he "created" the Heavens and the Earth not that he "is" the Heavens and the Earth. So he must've existed at some point before that but how?

For me, I always end up comparing God to a wizard who lived a long time in some other universe and discovered immortality, during his long life he eventually became powerful enough to create an entirely new universe and he did so and populated our planet and started the beginning of Genesis basically. He couldn't have just popped into existence and then also created everything at the same time. That would go against everything Xians believe in since they are so against Big Bang Theory.

Where did he come from? Why was he so powerful? Why did he create a universe? Most Xians hate that comparison because a wizard isn't necessarily a perfect being that is all loving and all good which would actually make sense because the God of the Bible makes so many mistakes and does so many terrible things it could only be that this all powerful being is just that, very powerful but not very good or even all knowing.

It's like that episode of The Simpsons when Lisa creates the tooth world and they see her as their God but she's just a little girl and the devil is just her brother, from a Christian point of view their God is rather similar, yes he created us and gave us life but does it merit worship? For all we know he accidentally made us and is trying to fix our problems but just makes them worse and sending Jesus was a last ditch effort to get us all into Heaven but he bungled that too.

I've probably just read too many fantasy novels and seeing as God is just another made up character to me I can't help but think he's a fantastical being who is actually a big jerk, of course that would make the Devil his arch rival who found his universe and decided to mess with it as a gag. If God isn't a wizard than the Theists need to get together and decided how he came to be because you can't be the universe and it's creator at the same time.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
25-03-2016, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 03:10 PM by Banjo.)
(25-03-2016 08:41 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Let's define the Universe as encompassing all Mass and Energy.

Let's assume that god created the Universe.

god can't have been within the universe when he created it because it didn't exist before he created it. Therefore, when he created the Universe, he must have been somewhere outside of the Universe.

However, he can't have been outside of the Universe when he created the Universe because there wasn't an outside or an inside for that matter.

Besides, god is either matter or energy. Given this, he must have been inside the Universe because the Universe encompasses all Mass and Energy. But, before the Universe was created, it didn't exist.

So, god, before he created the Universe, can't have been within it, because it hadn't been created, nor can he have been outside of it because outside didn't exist.

So, where was god when the lights went on?

Discuss:

Before the universe only Chaos existed. the god Erebus, then poofed out of nothing. Then all of a sudden along came Gaea. Then Erebus shagged the night time (???) which resulted in the birth of Ether.

Night, being such a slut, then shagged Gaea as well. This resulted in such lovely results as Doom, Death etc. And of course the divine Nemesis, who loved such things as revenge and retribution.

Then various other events took place (mostly shagging) which resulted in the three Cyclopes'. Three Hecatoncheires' and twelves Titans.

The rest is history.

Did they teach you nothing in science class???

Sheesh! Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
25-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Well you see, there's this book.......

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
26-03-2016, 07:23 AM
(25-03-2016 07:26 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Well you see, there's this book.......

[Image: profoundquotes1.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
26-03-2016, 10:11 AM
(25-03-2016 01:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 08:41 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Let's define the Universe as encompassing all Mass and Energy.

Let's assume that god created the Universe.

god can't have been within the universe when he created it because it didn't exist before he created it. Therefore, when he created the Universe, he must have been somewhere outside of the Universe.

However, he can't have been outside of the Universe when he created the Universe because there wasn't an outside or an inside for that matter.

Besides, god is either matter or energy. Given this, he must have been inside the Universe because the Universe encompasses all Mass and Energy. But, before the Universe was created, it didn't exist.

So, god, before he created the Universe, can't have been within it, because it hadn't been created, nor can he have been outside of it because outside didn't exist.

So, where was god when the lights went on?

Discuss:

Before the universe only Chaos existed. the god Erebus, then poofed out of nothing. Then all of a sudden along came Gaea. Then Erebus shagged the night time (???) which resulted in the birth of Ether.

Night, being such a slut, then shagged Gaea as well. This resulted in such lovely results as Doom, Death etc. And of course the divine Nemesis, who loved such things as revenge and retribution.

Then various other events took place (mostly shagging) which resulted in the three Cyclopes'. Three Hecatoncheires' and twelves Titans.

The rest is history.

Did they teach you nothing in science class???

Sheesh! Wink

My teachers must have really been shit because they didn't teach me any of this.No

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
26-03-2016, 10:12 AM
(25-03-2016 07:26 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Well you see, there's this book.......

... and the book says?

26-03-2016, 10:14 AM
(26-03-2016 07:23 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

[Image: profoundquotes1.jpg]